TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee Boy Scout Troop 267 spent all day on the snow-covered, 7,100-foot Grizzly Ridge in Plumas Forest cutting and hauling 300 red fir trees for the holiday season. The tree sizes range from 6 to 12 feet or more. The trees will be displayed for sale in the troop tree lot located in the Truckee Mountain Hardware parking lot beginning Friday, Nov. 25, 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. daily. All proceeds from the tree sales go directly to Boy Scout Troop 267 for monthly hikes and campouts, and other scouting events.
- Truckee man, 23, arrested on suspicion of felony burglary
- One year later: Tahoe’s Dumpster Pups are all grown up
- Bicyclist seriously injured in collision, driver charged with DUI
- Norm Sayler feted on 80th for Donner Summit contributions
- Canyon Springs: Revised environmental report out for development