TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee Boy Scout Troop 267 spent all day on the snow-covered, 7,100-foot Grizzly Ridge in Plumas Forest cutting and hauling 300 red fir trees for the holiday season. The tree sizes range from 6 to 12 feet or more. The trees will be displayed for sale in the troop tree lot located in the Truckee Mountain Hardware parking lot beginning Friday, Nov. 25, 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. daily. All proceeds from the tree sales go directly to Boy Scout Troop 267 for monthly hikes and campouts, and other scouting events.
- Tahoe-Truckee Toastmasters groups help locals learn to express themselves
- California's 3-foot bicycle law figures to play role at Truckee-Tahoe
- $30 million Tahoe City bridge, highway overhaul gets OK from TRPA
- Major Lake Tahoe wildfire disaster drill Saturday 'a big deal'
- Sierra history: Tracing California Highway Patrol's roots to pioneer days