TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee Boy Scout Troop 267 spent all day on the snow-covered, 7,100-foot Grizzly Ridge in Plumas Forest cutting and hauling 300 red fir trees for the holiday season. The tree sizes range from 6 to 12 feet or more. The trees will be displayed for sale in the troop tree lot located in the Truckee Mountain Hardware parking lot beginning Friday, Nov. 25, 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. daily. All proceeds from the tree sales go directly to Boy Scout Troop 267 for monthly hikes and campouts, and other scouting events.
- Tahoe’s Kevin Murnane remembered for vast community support (updated)
- California drought: More work needed as water conservation sees positive results at Lake Tahoe, Truckee
- Bruce in the USA brings Springsteen to Harrah’s Lake Tahoe
- SLT family calls for responsible pet owners after dog death
- American ski hero Travis Ganong enrolls at Sierra Nevada College