INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — The Incline Village/Crystal Bay Republican Women’s Club is holding its May meeting at the Governor’s Mansion in Carson City from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 8.Attorney Mark Hutchison — a Republican candidate from State Senate District 6 (Las Vegas) — and Dr. Joel Strom will be guest speakers.According to press materials for the meeting, Hutchison was appointed in 2010 by former Gov. Jim Gibbons to join 26 other states in filing their opposition to the national health care reform law.Strom is constructing a grassroots national movement to prepare doctors, health care professionals and concerned patients to “speak out against the new health care overhaul.”Reservations are required. Those interested in attending should send $45 by Saturday, May 5, to IV/CB Republican Women’s Club, P.O. Box 3009, Incline Village, NV 89450. RSVP to Kathi Congistre at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone to Donna Kwachak at 775-833-2788.
- Mountain lion spotted in Sierra wilderness near Truckee
- Tahoe’s Kevin Murnane remembered for vast community support (updated)
- Town, airport helping close $1M shortfall for Truckee aquatic center
- Police seeking information about burglary, identity theft suspects
- North Tahoe’s SnowFest! continues with fun events this week