TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Aug. 6-13, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Officers responded to 911 hang-up. When officers arrived at the house on Waters Way, they heard movement in the house but no one would answer the door. Officers made entry with a key to find four juveniles, ages 1-9. The juveniles were commonly left at home while the mother went to work or out partying. The mother was subsequently arrested.
• An unknown person siphoned gas out of a parked vehicle on Deerfield Drive. The incident was captured by video surveillance.
• A report was taken of an iPad stolen from an unlocked vehicle on Brockway Road at Martis Valley Road.
• The victim reported his grandfather called him from Tennessee and threatened to kill him.
• A husband and a wife entered into a verbal argument. During the argument the wife pushed the husband and threw several items. The wife hit her husband in the arm with one of the items. The incident occurred on Washoe Road.
• Officers contacted a victim of identity theft. The investigation revealed the victim’s social security number had been used and was made aware of usage by IRS. At this time there are no leads to the identity of the suspects.
• An unknown person spray painted a figure of a person and several words on a sign on Northwoods Boulevard.
• Officers responded to a call for a possible theft. The victim’s family located the missing property in the hotel’s parking lot. The responsible took the victim’s suit case and removed his wallet and passport, which ended up being left behind and later found.
• A subject reported her metal fence was bent and she believed the neighbor vandalized her property. Investigation revealed that the fence was possibly damaged from an animal. A report was taken for documentation only.
• A juvenile driver was stopped for driving without headlights during darkness on Dorchester Drive. The driver’s blood alcohol content was greater than 0.05 percent. The driver was issued DVM suspension form and he was released to parents.
• A female victim of domestic violence was treated for injuries suffered by her boyfriend. Police were unable to locate the suspect. A report was taken and forwarded to District Attorney’s office.
• An intoxicated subject was reported causing a disturbance in front of his residence on Smith Street. The subject was subsequently contacted outside of his residence and was arrested for public intoxication. The subject will be released with no pending charges.
• A victim reported damage to her vehicle while it was parked in a dirt lot on West River Street. No suspect information, hit-and-run report was taken for insurance purposes.
• An intoxicated female was arrested for public intoxication on Donner Pass Road. There was no prosecution desired.
• Officers took a report of vandalism involving the back window of parked vehicle on Donner Pass Road. There is no suspect information. The owner requested documentation of the incident for insurance purposes.