TRUCKEE, Calif. - "Black Blue Rock," by local artist Karen Theisen, will be one of many works of art on display at Truckee Public Art Commission's new "Burning Hearts" exhibit, opening Friday Oct. 5 at the Truckee Donner Recreation and Park District's Community Recreation Center at 8924 Donner Pass Road. Join TPAC to celebrate the community art exhibit showcasing the creativity of regional artists, 5-7 p.m. The show will be on display through January 2013. For more information, call the TDRPD at 530-582-7720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Increased plague risk at Lake Tahoe's Fallen Leaf Campground; area to close briefly for pesticide treatments
- New Lake Tahoe Boat Show offers taste of the latest watercraft, Brew Fest
- Leaving a legacy: Softball, basketball mainstay Barcellos honored as South Tahoe Girls Athlete of the Year
- Pine pollen dusts Lake Tahoe's South Shore, bringing with it seasonal allergies
- Tahoe City's new Basecamp hotel: 'modern mountain with a sense of humor'