Once again, Mr. Gurowitz has gone too far. His commentary last week on climate change starts out with the truth that change is a fact, but he then distorts the same with his opinions.The sun is the primary vehicle for climate change. It "waxes and wanes" ... today global temps may be rising, but around 1,000 years ago, a group of the Norse sailed west to a land they named "Greenland." They stayed a couple hundred years or so, and returned home when the cold weather & ice bested them. This fact is documented by the scientists that Gurowitz praises.His arrogance and condescension of the "lay community" having "no standing" in the debate, re: human contribution to climate change, is breathtaking.The scientists who are proponents of human culpability in this debate are essentially government employees ... federal/state types, grant or university hires. Many of these people have been discredited in recent years.Governments would love to enact another category of taxes that may or may not be obvious (cap and trade) or perhaps hidden in your electric/heating bills.Finally, using natural disasters caused by hurricanes and/or cold weather fronts to advance a political agenda is yet another cheap trick.Tom KennaIncline Village
- Try Pretty Odd Wieners Hot Dog Cart in Meyers, California
- Mother bear, cub trapped at Lake Tahoe to be released in mountains (updated)
- Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio hits variety of issues in Carson City
- Meyers community plan to streamline development moves forward
- Letter: Where did Seneca Pond's frogs go?