OLYMPIC VALLEY, Calif/ - Squaw Valley Ski Resort will open Friday, the resort announced Monday afternoon on its Facebook page.Administrators for the resort's Facebook page made the following post at about 2:55 p.m. Monday: "This just in! Squaw's opening day has been moved up to this Friday, November 16th, and chances are Alpine won't be far behind. Stay tuned for updates. Game on!"Squaw was originally scheduled to open Nov. 21; Alpine was slated to open Dec. 7.The announcement comes about an hour after Northstar California announced it would open this Wednesday, two days earlier than previously anticipated.Both Northstar and Heavenly will open Wednesday, while Vail Resorts' other Tahoe resort, Kirkwood, will open Friday. Read more about the Vail announcement here:http://www.sierrasun.com/article/20121112/NEWS/121119996/1066&ParentProfile=1051The news also came a few hours after both Squaw and Alpine Meadows announced they had forged a parternship with Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort, offering free access to Sierra for currrent gold and silver Super Pass holders at Squaw and Alpine. Read more about that partnership here: http://www.sierrasun.com/article/20121112/NEWS/121119995/1066&ParentProfile=1051
- Affordable housing woes: Are Tahoe locals being priced out of the real estate market?
- South Lake Tahoe massage regulations tightened
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- My view: Affordable housing directly impacted by TRPA policy (opinion)
- Tahoe-Truckee weather: Temps hit 90s this week, topping 100 down the hill