TAHOE CITY, Calif. - The Tahoe Music Institute will host its first community recital featuring the hidden classical talents of the Tahoe area on Sunday, Dec. 16 at 4 p.m. at the Sawtooth Ridge Cafe in Tahoe City. Music selections include J.S. Bach, Amy Beach, Elliott Carter, Ignaz Pleyel and Gabriel Faure, which will be performed on piano, violin, clarinet and French horn. And don't miss the newly formed Lake Forest Clarinet Quartet that will also be making their debut performance. The recital is free and open to the public. Feeling tipsy? The Tahoe Music Institute will be accepting donations to help fund lessons for local students. For more information, call 530-581-0618 or visit www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
- Summer slidin': 1,000-foot slip 'n slide makes Lake Tahoe debut
- Strength on stage: Tahoe Show bodybuilding competition returns to MontBleu for sixth edition, features 300 competitors
- 48-hour Tahoe getaway: regional highlights you can't miss
- Judge upholds Loop Road Project ballot measure in councilor candidate's lawsuit against city
- Sierra House Elementary's two-week program offers more than academics