In whiteout conditions, Spencer Eusden and Annika Taylor raced to respective wins in the Classic Sprints at Auburn Ski Club this past Saturday. A total of 56 people took part in the 1-kilometer sprint race, which took place in a blizzard atop Donner Summit. Taylor won the women's race in a time of 4:25 to runner-up Katrin Larusson's 4:29.7. Holly Whitney was third in 4:36.2, and was followed by Ellie Phillips in 4:49.1 and Hannah Halvorsen in 4:51.7. Joelle Romo (4:58) was sixth, followed by Danielle Nivinski (5:06.2), Bria Riggs (5:16.9), Amanda Kirkeby (5:18.9) and Camille Hartley (5:29.3) rounding out the top 10.On the men's side, Eusden took the win just ahead of Patrick McElravey and Alex Hamilton, as he posted a time of 3:44.3 to McElravey's 3:44.8 and Hamilton's 3:44.9.Paul Novacs came in fourth in a time of 3:51.5 and Dylan Syben was fifth in 4:02.3. Alex Kopytko was sixth in 4:09.6, Peter Holmes was seventh in 4:10.7, Sam Zabell eighth in 4:16.7, Evan Vomund ninth in 4:16.9 and Brandon Herhusky 10th in 4:17.4.The race served as a Junior Olympic qualifer. For photos from the race, go to For more photos from the race, go to macbethgraphics.smugmug.com/NORDIC-RACING/Nordic-Races-2013/ASC-CLASSIC-SPRINTS-2013/27218860_bF4XRz#!i=2286628385&k=FvB6bqK.
- Summer slidin': 1,000-foot slip 'n slide makes Lake Tahoe debut
- Strength on stage: Tahoe Show bodybuilding competition returns to MontBleu for sixth edition, features 300 competitors
- 48-hour Tahoe getaway: regional highlights you can't miss
- Judge upholds Loop Road Project ballot measure in councilor candidate's lawsuit against city
- South Tahoe girls soccer seeks fifth state championship in seven seasons after being dethroned