TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. -The Contractors Association of Truckee Tahoe recently announced the winners of the 2012 CATT Annual Awards Competition. The winners were nominated by fellow members for superior craftsmanship, excellent customer service, innovative design, devotion to CATT and community, or other outstanding characteristics. 18 nominations were made in 5 "project" categories and 35 nominations were made in 6 "individual achievement" categories. Winners are:Public Works Project of the Year, Ward-Young Architecture & Planning, Truckee Tahoe Airport Administration BuildingSustainable Building Methods Project of the Year, Kerton Construction, Overlook Place, NorthstarCommercial Project of the Year, Mark Tanner Construction, Truckee Railyard Mixed Use BuildingResidential Remodel Project of the Year, Griggs Custom Homes & Aspen Leaf Interiors, Meeks Bay AvenueResidential Project of the Year, Jim Morrison Construction, Lot 381, Martis CampNew Member of the Year, Michelle Geary, Sierra Sun/North Lake Tahoe BonanzaVolunteer of the Year, Ryan Swenson, Simpson Strong-TieProfessional of the Year, Eric Bacon, Shelton & BaconSupplier/Vendor of the Year, Andrew Cross, Truckee-Tahoe Lumber CompanySub-Contractor of the Year, Gary Crosswhite, Meridian ConcreteBuilder of the Year, Jim Morrison, Jim Morrison ConstructionCATT is a nonprofit trade association established in 1998 representing the broad spectrum of design and building professionals and related suppliers in the greater Truckee/North Tahoe region. Visit www.ca-tt.com for information.
- Lake Tahoe tuber sustains 'serious' injuries from boat propellers; transported to Reno for medical treatment
- Obituary: Douglas Harmon Sprague, Oct. 15, 1932 - July 19, 2016
- Three assaults on women in South Lake Tahoe over the last year possibly connected
- Scientists: Climate change tightening 'alarming' grip on Lake Tahoe
- Historic Simpson's Jewelers set to close doors after 50 years in South Lake Tahoe