A total of 155 Nordic skiers braved the cold on a sunny, brisk morning for the Alpenglow Freestyle 20K at Tahoe Cross Country this past Sunday.Farm Team racer Noah Brautigam won the men's 20-kilometer race with a time of 1:00:46. He was followed by Farm Team racer Gus Johnson in 1:02:42 and Taylor Sundali in 1:03:09. Peter Hanson of Incline Village came in eighth place with a time of 1:07:50.In the women's race, Kara LaPoint took top honors with a time of 1:13:01 and was followed by Julie Young in 1:15:52 and Molly Zurn just behind her in 1:15:53. In the junior boys 10K, Peter Holmes took the top spot in a time of 32:38, while Shane Christian was second in 33:06 and Evan Vomund of Incline Village was third in 36:12. Alecia Phillips, Laurel Robinson and Sarah Shade claimed the top three spots in the junior girls 10K race, with Phillips posting a winning time of 1:00:03, Robinson finishing in 1:22:14 and Shade in 1:25:37.Hannah Halvorsen won the 5K girls race with a time of 12:26 and was trailed by Amanda Kirkeby (13:04) and Danielle Nivinski (13:11). Sam Zabell won the 5K boys race in 11:14. Dylan Syben (11:17) was second and Peter Carroll (11:23) was third.Find full results at www.farwestnordic.org and race photos at http://macbethgraphics.smugmug.com/NORDIC-RACING/Nordic-Races-2013/ALPENGLOW-FREESTYLE-2013/27543478_NtrTFN#!i=2319232815&k=7NpvFBC.
- Five questions with Tahoe's Talie Jane Interiors' Natalie Malik
- Membership-based airline expands service to and from Truckee Tahoe Airport
- An easy appetizer that wows (recipe)
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured (story will be updated)
- Wine Ink: In the vineyards, vines are the foundation