TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- Tree mortality an increasing concern in Lake Tahoe Basin
- As Burning Man nears, Tahoe burners promote sense of community
- Longtime Tahoe residents celebrate 50th anniversary
- Lake Tahoe CC men's soccer notches first win of season, beats Mendocino 1-0 at Lake Tahoe Invitational
- Health concerns when tending to Tahoe-Truckee backyard chickens