TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- National Weather Service issues winter storm warning for Lake Tahoe (video)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Ski resorts report more than foot of fresh snow Wednesday
- South Lake Tahoe police search for man suspected in bike path robbery
- Seasonal workers flock to California to process marijuana
- Heavenly, Kirkwood mountains to open more ski terrain Thanksgiving weekend