TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- South Tahoe council denies permit for 420 concert featuring Julian Marley
- Nevada’s pot industry not for faint of heart
- Truckee officials: Peers, residents enable youth drug use
- A walk in the woods: Tahoe’s trails have something for every hiker
- 13 South Shore road construction projects set for this summer