TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- Erik Roner remembered as a great family man with 'a wonderful love for life'
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe's higher elevations
- MTB economics: South Lake Tahoe sees boost from mountain-bike tourism
- Lake Tahoe and El Niño: OpenSnow.com forecasters sound off
- South Lake Tahoe police clear man suspected in sexual assault case