CRYSTAL BAY, Nev. - Sean Peabody is a weapons expert who dodged a bullet.The comedian underwent three surgeries for colon cancer. Not only did he shed 65 pounds from the whole ordeal, he has used his position as a public speaker to educate men about their health."Most guys don't know 70 percent of men die with either prostate or colon-related stuff," said Peabody, who once taught gunnery school in the Marines.Peabody in October celebrated his one-year anniversary being cancer-free. He is coming to Tahoe next week for another special date: the six-year anniversary of Wayne Wright's Tahoe Comedy North. Peabody will headline the 8:30 p.m. show Thursday, March 7, in the Crystal Bay Casino Crown Room.Peabody performed at one of Tahoe Comedy North's first shows on the patio at the River Ranch Lodge. While laughter, indifference or anger are typical audience responses, Peabody witnessed something for the first time: terror. A bear had wandered up from the river and sauntered up to the comedian."I made the bear laugh and he waved to me," Peabody said. "He just threw me off guard because I wasn't expecting a bear to be behind me."
- Ky-Mani Marley releases statement about missed South Shore show
- South Tahoe football rolls past Sparks 49-19 in season opener
- Tree mortality an increasing concern in Lake Tahoe Basin
- Summer slidin': 1,000-foot slip 'n slide makes Lake Tahoe debut
- Take a hike: Direct route to Marlette Lake leads to serene waters perched above Lake Tahoe's East Shore