The Tahoe Daily Tribune is located at 3079 Harrison Avenue is South Lake Tahoe, Calif. The telephone number is (530) 541-3880.
The Tahoe Daily Tribune was founded on June 26, 1958 by Frank and Mary Chase. It was a weekly newspaper called the Tahoe-Sierra Tribune. The Chases sold the paper to Scripps League of Newspapers in 1963. It was acquired by Reno-based Swift Newspapers, now Swift Communications, in August of 1975.
The Tahoe Daily Tribune publishes Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. It also publishes a separate arts and entertainment magazine, called Lake Tahoe Action.
On April 16, 2007 the Tahoe Daily Tribune went from a paid, broadsheet newspaper to a free, tall-tab format, a revolutionary change that is quickly becoming the industry standard. The Tahoe Daily Tribune is one of the first newspapers of its kind to make this kind of change. Other newspapers across the nation have begun following suit.
The Tahoe Daily Tribune covers the southern portion of Lake Tahoe in El Dorado County, Calif., and Douglas County, Nev. During winter, 14 ski resorts around the lake make this a world-class ski destination. The area is also a world-class destination resort for summer activities with Lake Tahoe and the Nevada casinos.
- Obituary: Scott Michael Perasso
- Georgetown narcotics arrest connected to fatal shooting
- Singled out? With Valentine's Day around the corner, what is the online dating scene like at Lake Tahoe?
- Lake Tahoe Community College on track with $5.8 million University Center project
- Three cited for skiing out of bounds from Heavenly