The Tahoe Daily Tribune is located at 3079 Harrison Avenue is South Lake Tahoe, Calif. The telephone number is (530) 541-3880.
The Tahoe Daily Tribune was founded on June 26, 1958 by Frank and Mary Chase. It was a weekly newspaper called the Tahoe-Sierra Tribune. The Chases sold the paper to Scripps League of Newspapers in 1963. It was acquired by Reno-based Swift Newspapers, now Swift Communications, in August of 1975.
The Tahoe Daily Tribune publishes Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. It also publishes a separate arts and entertainment magazine, called Lake Tahoe Action.
On April 16, 2007 the Tahoe Daily Tribune went from a paid, broadsheet newspaper to a free, tall-tab format, a revolutionary change that is quickly becoming the industry standard. The Tahoe Daily Tribune is one of the first newspapers of its kind to make this kind of change. Other newspapers across the nation have begun following suit.
The Tahoe Daily Tribune covers the southern portion of Lake Tahoe in El Dorado County, Calif., and Douglas County, Nev. During winter, 14 ski resorts around the lake make this a world-class ski destination. The area is also a world-class destination resort for summer activities with Lake Tahoe and the Nevada casinos.
- Who to watch at this year's Tahoe celebrity golf tournament
- Five questions with Tahoe-based Revive Interior Design's Jessie Marchesseau
- The Natural: NCIS: New Orleans star Black has been in the business since 10 years old, making fifth ACC appearance
- News briefs: New interim Tahoe Chamber CEO, new Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District fire chief, and more
- Lake Tahoe Airport restaurant re-opens in South Shore