A new season of Truckee Lacrosse is underway, with more than 100 youth and high school players participating in the Truckee-Donner Recreation andamp; Park District program.The program consists of three groups a high school boys team, an elementary and middle school boys team, and a girls team, all of which play competitively. Truckee Lacrosse practices at Riverview Park every Monday and Wednesday and plays games on Fridays.The high school team, made up of players from Truckee High and the Sugar Bowl Academy, as well as a couple of eighth-graders, is off to a 1-2 start to its season. Truckee lost twice to the Reno Huskies, most recently falling 8-5 on the road this past Friday, and beat Bishop Manogue by a score of 9-7.The league consists of five teams.In Truckees recent loss to the Huskies, Hayden Shaw led the team with two goals, while Ryan Macken, Kevin Kelley and Matt Rabow each contributed one goal. Ryan Cowie and Dylan Victor both recorded assists.Truckee is scheduled to host three games at Riverview next month, the first on May 15 against the Reno Huskies. Truckee then hosts Spanish Springs on May 22 and Galena on May 29. All games start at 4 p.m.Sign-ups for Truckee Lacrosse are still available at the Truckee Community Center.
- Summer slidin': 1,000-foot slip 'n slide makes Lake Tahoe debut
- Strength on stage: Tahoe Show bodybuilding competition returns to MontBleu for sixth edition, features 300 competitors
- 48-hour Tahoe getaway: regional highlights you can't miss
- Judge upholds Loop Road Project ballot measure in councilor candidate's lawsuit against city
- South Tahoe girls soccer seeks fifth state championship in seven seasons after being dethroned