TRUCKEE, Calif. — The Truckee One-Stop Business andamp; Career Center opened June 14, 2010 in the Nevada County Joseph Center, 10075 Levon Ave., Truckee. The One-Stop is the connection point for job seekers and employers, offering a wide range of services — most at no cost. Through collaboration with partnering agencies, they work to improve the quality, productivity and competitiveness of the workforce strengthening the local economy. Job seekers will find assistance including resumes and interviews, computer access, keyboard/typing tests, resource materials, labor market data, printers, phones and fax service, vocational assessment and labor market information. Business services include employee recruitment, business start up and expansion, employee training, human resource support, business information exchange and closure/layoffs. Office hours are Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Call 550-3081.
- Man threatens to jump from eighth-story ledge
- K-12 private school to build campus in Martis Valley; Tahoe lakeside option out
- Prescribed burns planned for Lake Tahoe's west, south shores
- Amid low oxygen levels, Lake Tahoe trout relocation goes swimmingly
- The top five online: Tahoe-Truckee's most-read stories, April 20-26