To whom it may concern:
The road construction occurring between Highway 89 (the new roundabout), Interstate 80 and Donner Pass Road is poorly planed. I write this letter because it needs to be known that during the last two weeks, the traffic has been so horrendous that people are getting completely frustrated. And I believe the public should have the following questions answered.
Take today for an example: Trying to go from Pioneer Trail to Safeway is a complete joke. All 80-west on-ramps are closed, and to try to go though town on DPR was a minimum 15-minute wait. This is completely unacceptable because of multiple reasons.
1. Why are we waiting until the last month (September) possible to do construction on DPR?
2. Who's bright (more dumb) idea was it to work on DPR and also close the on-ramps for re-paving?
3. The entire month of June and July had nothing! Why, why, why, I ask, was there no construction on these parts during this time?
4. Why was this so poorly planned?
5. Why, why, why can't we do work at night?
6. Why, why, why do we start two (even three if you include the Highway 89 roundabout) projects all at the same time?
Someone needs to be fired — they clearly don't consider traffic from the largest employer in the town of Truckee.