TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Boy Scout Troop 266 recently honored retiring Scoutmaster Bob McClintock (center). McClintock served as scoutmaster from 2007. During McClintock’s time as scoutmaster, the troop produced six Eagle Scouts. Under McClintock’s leadership, the troop took many outings such as scout camp in Hawaii, river rafting on the Truckee and Carson Rivers, backpacking at Pt. Reyes, overnight stay on the aircraft carrier USS Hornet, and rappelling at Moaning Cave. McClintock was honored with an outstanding service award from the troop and an outstanding leadership citation from the Nevada Council of Boy Scouts of America.
- Fire engulfs structure in the Tahoe Keys (updated)
- Bomb squad called to check potential threat at South Lake Tahoe courthouse (updated)
- California, Tahoe-area tree deaths climb to record levels thanks to bugs, drought
- Big Sierra Nevada public land sale could fund conservation
- Burning Man organizers consider Nevada airport shuttle service