TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Boy Scout Troop 266 recently honored retiring Scoutmaster Bob McClintock (center). McClintock served as scoutmaster from 2007. During McClintock’s time as scoutmaster, the troop produced six Eagle Scouts. Under McClintock’s leadership, the troop took many outings such as scout camp in Hawaii, river rafting on the Truckee and Carson Rivers, backpacking at Pt. Reyes, overnight stay on the aircraft carrier USS Hornet, and rappelling at Moaning Cave. McClintock was honored with an outstanding service award from the troop and an outstanding leadership citation from the Nevada Council of Boy Scouts of America.
- Seeping water caused radioactive dump blast in Nevada
- New South Lake Tahoe venue brings live magic show, dining
- South Lake Tahoe highway project promises change, community improvements
- Business news: Workshop to focus on South Lake Tahoe Loop Road
- Ice skater Richard Kreibich: from Communist Europe to Truckee-Tahoe