TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Boy Scout Troop 266 recently honored retiring Scoutmaster Bob McClintock (center). McClintock served as scoutmaster from 2007. During McClintock’s time as scoutmaster, the troop produced six Eagle Scouts. Under McClintock’s leadership, the troop took many outings such as scout camp in Hawaii, river rafting on the Truckee and Carson Rivers, backpacking at Pt. Reyes, overnight stay on the aircraft carrier USS Hornet, and rappelling at Moaning Cave. McClintock was honored with an outstanding service award from the troop and an outstanding leadership citation from the Nevada Council of Boy Scouts of America.
- Trailhead Fire burning west of Lake Tahoe grows to 1,264 acres
- Parade, parties and fireworks for Lake Tahoe's Fourth of July
- Petition to put Loop Road on South Lake Tahoe ballot moving forward (updated)
- Officials seize 1,882 pounds of illegal fireworks at Truckee bug station
- Armed robbery reported at U.S. Bank on Kingsbury Grade