SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. - There are plenty of fall activities on Gardner Mountain. At the very top which is the back end of the neighborhood, you'll find the South Tahoe High School. Next to it is the ball field with live football games and other school activities. If you prefer to get out into the National Forest area, there are trails that will lead you to the top of Tahoe Mountain with views of Lake Tahoe on one side and Fallen Leaf Lake on the other. Of course some of those trails will take you right to the beaches on the lake. Several of the homes on Gardner Mountain are known for their extra large lots and big backyards. In this neighborhood you'll enjoy space and many options to get away to the forest or the lake. All of this is within the city limits. With so many choices, what will you choose to do?
- Date night: Hotspots around Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police search for man suspected in bike path robbery
- Obituary: Michael P. Sheehan, Mar. 12, 1970 ~ Nov. 21, 2015
- Weather boosting winter ski resort visitation in the West, Tahoe included
- Lake Tahoe weather: Ski resorts report more than foot of fresh snow Wednesday