SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. - There are plenty of fall activities on Gardner Mountain. At the very top which is the back end of the neighborhood, you'll find the South Tahoe High School. Next to it is the ball field with live football games and other school activities. If you prefer to get out into the National Forest area, there are trails that will lead you to the top of Tahoe Mountain with views of Lake Tahoe on one side and Fallen Leaf Lake on the other. Of course some of those trails will take you right to the beaches on the lake. Several of the homes on Gardner Mountain are known for their extra large lots and big backyards. In this neighborhood you'll enjoy space and many options to get away to the forest or the lake. All of this is within the city limits. With so many choices, what will you choose to do?
- Tension high over bear management in Nevada side of Tahoe Basin
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured (story will be updated)
- Fall reading picks: South Lake Tahoe Library provides its top selections for the season
- Windjammers Yacht Club wraps up season with Fannette Island Race, LB wins on the water
- When winning is actually losing; an issue with the local banner ordinance (opinion)