TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee Boy Scout Troop 267 spent all day on the snow-covered, 7,100-foot Grizzly Ridge in Plumas Forest cutting and hauling 300 red fir trees for the holiday season. The tree sizes range from 6 to 12 feet or more. The trees will be displayed for sale in the troop tree lot located in the Truckee Mountain Hardware parking lot beginning Friday, Nov. 25, 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. daily. All proceeds from the tree sales go directly to Boy Scout Troop 267 for monthly hikes and campouts, and other scouting events.
- 35 people displaced, rooms destroyed in Tahoe hotel fire
- Creek near Lake Tahoe has elevated E. coli levels (updated)
- Another Lake Tahoe rescue boat sinks; second in 2 months
- Kevin MacMillan: Allegations of corruption within Tahoe Forest Health System
- Low water levels taking toll on Lake Tahoe rec businesses