TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee Boy Scout Troop 267 spent all day on the snow-covered, 7,100-foot Grizzly Ridge in Plumas Forest cutting and hauling 300 red fir trees for the holiday season. The tree sizes range from 6 to 12 feet or more. The trees will be displayed for sale in the troop tree lot located in the Truckee Mountain Hardware parking lot beginning Friday, Nov. 25, 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. daily. All proceeds from the tree sales go directly to Boy Scout Troop 267 for monthly hikes and campouts, and other scouting events.
- Truckee’s Dragonfly restaurant shutting down this month
- Tahoe highway overhaul: 20-minute delays possible; April 1 start eyed
- Nevada: Kingsbury will close at summit during first month of work
- Vail Resorts gains despite Lake Tahoe snow drought
- Election 2014: 6 people, including 3 women, now have filed for IVGID