TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee Boy Scout Troop 267 spent all day on the snow-covered, 7,100-foot Grizzly Ridge in Plumas Forest cutting and hauling 300 red fir trees for the holiday season. The tree sizes range from 6 to 12 feet or more. The trees will be displayed for sale in the troop tree lot located in the Truckee Mountain Hardware parking lot beginning Friday, Nov. 25, 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. daily. All proceeds from the tree sales go directly to Boy Scout Troop 267 for monthly hikes and campouts, and other scouting events.
- $500 million Lake Tahoe ski resort redevelopment won't break ground in '15
- Tahoe native, FDNY firefighter heads to Nepal to aid earthquake survivors
- North Lake Tahoe casino win dips 15 percent in March
- Tahoe Forest Hospital CEO search firm: Process could take 4-6 months
- Not if, but when: Lake Tahoe fire season could be busy amid drought