TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee Boy Scout Troop 267 spent all day on the snow-covered, 7,100-foot Grizzly Ridge in Plumas Forest cutting and hauling 300 red fir trees for the holiday season. The tree sizes range from 6 to 12 feet or more. The trees will be displayed for sale in the troop tree lot located in the Truckee Mountain Hardware parking lot beginning Friday, Nov. 25, 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. daily. All proceeds from the tree sales go directly to Boy Scout Troop 267 for monthly hikes and campouts, and other scouting events.
- Lake Tahoe storm brings 2 feet of snow, cross-country resorts reopen
- Tahoe’s Kevin Murnane remembered for vast community support (updated)
- Mountain lion spotted in Sierra wilderness near Truckee
- Leonard Nimoy – Mr. Spock on ‘Star Trek,’ former Tahoe homeowner — dies at 83
- Sierra history: Tahoe’s winter entertainment industry grew out of economic desperation