INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — John Breternitz, who represents District 1 on the Washoe County Commission, will not run for re-election in 2012, the Reno Gazette-Journal reported Friday.Breternitz, 62, has served as chairman of the board this year. According to the Reno Gazette-Journal story, Breternitz said the pace of government is a lot slower than what he expected. Before taking office, he had retired as general manager for Qandamp;D Construction Co. when the economy was booming.“I was used to things happening a lot faster and having a lot more control over things,” he told the newspaper.The District 1 seat includes Incline Village/Crystal Bay; it will be up for election in 2012, with a new commissioner being sworn in Jan. 1, 2013.Despite his decision, Breternitz told the RGJ he will work hard to represent Washoe County and his constituents in 2012.“I’m not going to have to worry about getting re-elected; I can be as objective as I can be and then move over and let somebody else take over,” he said.
RGJ: Breternitz will not run for re-election
Trending in: News
- Truckee Police: Home burglaries on the rise
- Tahoe man injured in Truckee crash is former prosecutor
- Chateau project developer makes deal to purchase other parcels; project could move forward as envisioned
- Horizon to undergo multi-million dollar renovation
- Local pilot survives, wife killed in Truckee plane crash