SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. - The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a Lake Wind Advisory in the greater Lake Tahoe area for much of Monday. Northeast winds of 10 to 15 mph are expected to increase to 15 to 25 mph, with gusts of up to 35 mph, this afternoon. The advisory is in effect between 1 p.m. and 10 p.m. Wave heights are predicted at two to three feet, according to the advisory. Waves will be the largest mid-lake to the West Shore. Small boats will be prone to capsizing and should remain off the lake until conditions improve, according to the advisory.
- 'True Squallywood legend' | Tahoe photographer beginning road to recovery after spinal cord injury
- Woman, 61, suspected of embezzling $850,000 from Lake Tahoe business
- North Tahoe crime logs: Man, woman fight over food, who pooped in bathtub
- Tahoe's Sand Harbor boat ramp won't launch for 2015; others will open
- Maloff presents Barton with $10 million check