SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. - The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a Lake Wind Advisory in the greater Lake Tahoe area for much of Monday. Northeast winds of 10 to 15 mph are expected to increase to 15 to 25 mph, with gusts of up to 35 mph, this afternoon. The advisory is in effect between 1 p.m. and 10 p.m. Wave heights are predicted at two to three feet, according to the advisory. Waves will be the largest mid-lake to the West Shore. Small boats will be prone to capsizing and should remain off the lake until conditions improve, according to the advisory.
- South Lake Tahoe highway project promises change, community improvements
- Seeping water caused radioactive dump blast in Nevada
- Ice skater Richard Kreibich: from Communist Europe to Truckee-Tahoe
- Business news: Workshop to focus on South Lake Tahoe Loop Road
- News briefs: Heavenly opens Stagecoach Lodge, snow removal instructions and more