SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. - The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a Lake Wind Advisory in the greater Lake Tahoe area for much of Monday. Northeast winds of 10 to 15 mph are expected to increase to 15 to 25 mph, with gusts of up to 35 mph, this afternoon. The advisory is in effect between 1 p.m. and 10 p.m. Wave heights are predicted at two to three feet, according to the advisory. Waves will be the largest mid-lake to the West Shore. Small boats will be prone to capsizing and should remain off the lake until conditions improve, according to the advisory.
Wind advisory issued for Lake Tahoe
Trending in: News
- South Tahoe council denies permit for 420 concert featuring Julian Marley
- Scientists seek funding to continue Lake Tahoe runoff studies
- Nevada’s pot industry not for faint of heart
- A walk in the woods: Tahoe’s trails have something for every hiker
- Tahoe disc golf: King of the Lake returning this summer