SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. - The National Weather Service in Reno has issued a Lake Wind Advisory in the greater Lake Tahoe area for much of Monday. Northeast winds of 10 to 15 mph are expected to increase to 15 to 25 mph, with gusts of up to 35 mph, this afternoon. The advisory is in effect between 1 p.m. and 10 p.m. Wave heights are predicted at two to three feet, according to the advisory. Waves will be the largest mid-lake to the West Shore. Small boats will be prone to capsizing and should remain off the lake until conditions improve, according to the advisory.
Wind advisory issued for Lake Tahoe
Trending in: News
- Dense smoke warning in effect today; no fire threat to Truckee-Tahoe
- King Fire up to 76,376 acres; ‘no immediate danger’ to Tahoe-Truckee
- Smoked out: Tahoe athletes upset, understanding of Ironman cancelation
- Tesla’s move to Reno area draws big interest to region
- Smoke could return after clear weekend