TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Collaborating with the girls on a new creation is so much more than just the steps of the ballet. This week, we settled on a title for the new work, Into the Trees, taken from the music we're using by the amazing cellist Zoe Keating.Next to plan was a photo shoot: TYB might be the only local company to benefit from our lack of snow — I never imagined we'd have an outdoor photo shoot on January 6 in Tahoe City!But Saturday morning we put on our makeup and costumes, and headed into the trees to shoot ourselves around the concept of the performance — Dancing Women, Then and Now — so two girls dressed as wilis (spirits) and three for the new piece. Moonlighting as a photographer, I enjoyed the contrast of the ballerinas in the grove of naked aspens, and of course had a lot of fun. Below, read some of our reactions to the progress.— Christin Hanna is the founding artistic director of Tahoe-Youth Ballet. Learn more at www.tahoeyouthballet.com.
A Dancer's Diary: Reflections on collaboration
Trending in: News
- SoCal man, 42, drowns in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Fire chief: Person flown to hospital after nearly drowning in Tahoe
- Tahoe Keys Marina investigated for illegally grading state land
- Tahoe City man, 21, suspected of DUI in major-injury crash
- California water restrictions already in place in South Lake Tahoe