January 18, 2012 | Back to: News

Fire chief: No one hurt in two-story condo blaze in Incline Village (updated w/ photo)

INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Emergency officials have extinguished a fire that caused extensive damage to condominium in Incline Village, the local fire chief has confirmed.

At about 3:41 p.m. Wednesday, a report of a fire at a two-story condo on Country Club Drive came over the police scanner.

Firefighters from the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District responded quickly to find heavy smoke coming from the wood structure at 665 Country Club Drive, said chief Mike Brown in a later afternoon interview.

No one was hurt and no one was displaced by the blaze, Brown said. The condo was a second home; it hadn't been inhabited for some time.

Officials made entry and extinguished any flames on both floors, Brown said, and were in the process early Wednesday evening of determining the cause.

“It's under investigation at this time,” Brown said.

Considering it was dusk by the time the flames were put out, Brown said the district may not determine a cause until Thursday at the earliest.

Officials from Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District and Sierra Fire Protection District also responded to the incident, providing mutual assistance and support.

Stories you may be interested in

Tahoe Daily Tribune Updated Jan 19, 2012 11:42AM Published Jan 18, 2012 06:56PM Copyright 2012 Tahoe Daily Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.