Back to: News
January 23, 2012
Follow News

Investigation continues into 2-story condo fire in Incline

INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Emergency officials have yet to determine the cause of a fire that destroyed a family vacation condominium last week in Incline Village.

No one was hurt and no one was displaced by the blaze at the 2-story wood condo at 665 Country Club Drive. The condo hadn’t been inhabited for some time, said North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Mike Brown.

In a Friday email to the Bonanza, Mary Lynn G. Toney said the cabin had been within the Robert V. Ghilotti family since 1967.

“As you can imagine we are experiencing a great loss of both our family home, as well as the sentimental value of over 45 years of photo albums of our family enjoying the Incline Tahoe Area,” Toney said.

Firefighters responded quickly to the fire, which was first reported at about 3:40 p.m. Wednesday, and found heavy smoke, Brown said. Officials made entry and extinguished flames on both floors. They were in the process Thursday of clean-up and determining the cause.

On Friday, an official said the investigation was delayed, as the Incline fire district had to refocus priorities to assist with the Washoe Drive fire that scorched 3,177 acres and destroyed 29 homes south of Reno. The Incline fire district on Thursday sent overhead personnel, as well as an engine and a hand crew to assist with fighting the blaze.


Explore Related Articles

Tahoe Daily Tribune Updated Jan 23, 2012 03:43PM Published Jan 23, 2012 03:41PM Copyright 2012 Tahoe Daily Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.