LAKE TAHOE — Every Saturday the snowshoe hikes will travel around the Tahoe Basin to a different location. Snowshoe at the new Van Sickle State Park in South Lake Tahoe, Saturday, Jan. 28, 2-3 miles, moderate, meet at Harrah’s back parking lot, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.The TRTA is also offering free specialty snowshoe hikes: Full Moon Snowshoe Treks, Sweetheart Sunset Hike, St. Patrick’s Day Snowshoe Search for the Pot ‘o Gold and Winter Camping 101. Online registration required; visit www.tahoerimtrail.org.For more information, call 775-298-0012 or e-mail Jaime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tahoe’s Kevin Murnane remembered for vast community support (updated)
- Tahoe’s South Shore expected to receive brunt of weekend storm
- Leonard Nimoy – Mr. Spock on ‘Star Trek,’ former Tahoe homeowner — dies at 83
- Truckee Police logs: Women punch, kick woman suspected of having affair
- Sierra Sun editorial: Community grows strong in Tahoe City