LAKE TAHOE — Every Saturday the snowshoe hikes will travel around the Tahoe Basin to a different location. Snowshoe at the new Van Sickle State Park in South Lake Tahoe, Saturday, Jan. 28, 2-3 miles, moderate, meet at Harrah’s back parking lot, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.The TRTA is also offering free specialty snowshoe hikes: Full Moon Snowshoe Treks, Sweetheart Sunset Hike, St. Patrick’s Day Snowshoe Search for the Pot ‘o Gold and Winter Camping 101. Online registration required; visit www.tahoerimtrail.org.For more information, call 775-298-0012 or e-mail Jaime at email@example.com.
- Not if, but when: Lake Tahoe fire season could be busy amid drought
- Crude oil prices, refinery problems cause gas price hikes
- Plans under way to renovate, create two Tahoe City hotels
- With little water, Lake Tahoe wildflowers are off to an early start
- Jim Porter: Many registered sex offenders live at Truckee-Tahoe