LAKE TAHOE — Every Saturday the snowshoe hikes will travel around the Tahoe Basin to a different location. Snowshoe at the new Van Sickle State Park in South Lake Tahoe, Saturday, Jan. 28, 2-3 miles, moderate, meet at Harrah’s back parking lot, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.The TRTA is also offering free specialty snowshoe hikes: Full Moon Snowshoe Treks, Sweetheart Sunset Hike, St. Patrick’s Day Snowshoe Search for the Pot ‘o Gold and Winter Camping 101. Online registration required; visit www.tahoerimtrail.org.For more information, call 775-298-0012 or e-mail Jaime at email@example.com.
- Tahoe-Truckee Toastmasters groups help locals learn to express themselves
- California's 3-foot bicycle law figures to play role at Truckee-Tahoe
- $30 million Tahoe City bridge, highway overhaul gets OK from TRPA
- Major Lake Tahoe wildfire disaster drill Saturday 'a big deal'
- Sierra history: Tracing California Highway Patrol's roots to pioneer days