Bring the whole family to Galena Creek Park for a star party and a presentation about Galaxy’s given by Mike Hopper.The presentation is from 5-7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 11.Telescopes will be set up afterward, weather permitting. Beverages and snacks will be provided. Advance registration required to 775-849-4948 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and the suggested donation is $5.The Galena Creek Visitor Center is managed by Washoe County Regional Parks andamp; Open Space under a special use permit from the U.S. Forest Service. Great Basin Institute operates the Visitor Center, provides volunteers and staff, and offers educational programming for visitors of all ages. The mission of the GCVC is to encourage understanding, appreciation and appropriate use of the natural, cultural and historical resources of the Galena Canyon Area and the Mount Rose Scenic Byway. To learn more about the Visitor Center, upcoming events, volunteer opportunities and more, please call the number below or visit our website at www.galenacreekvisitorcenter.org. The Visitor Center is now open Friday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 'True Squallywood legend' | Tahoe photographer beginning road to recovery after spinal cord injury
- Woman, 61, suspected of embezzling $850,000 from Lake Tahoe business
- North Tahoe crime logs: Man, woman fight over food, who pooped in bathtub
- Tahoe's Sand Harbor boat ramp won't launch for 2015; others will open
- Maloff presents Barton with $10 million check