LAKE TAHOE — The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency recognized recipients of the 2011 Best in the Basin Awards at its Governing Board meeting on Wednesday at the TRPA Board Rooms in Stateline.This is the 22nd year TRPA's Best in the Basin awards program has recognized projects demonstrating exceptional planning, design and compatibility with the Lake Tahoe environment.Local professionals in the fields of landscaping, planning, engineering, water quality, and resource management judged each category.The restoration and protection efforts at Lake Tahoe are among the most innovative in the world and set an example for other communities facing similar issues, according to the Agency.“Each year we are given the opportunity to recognize projects that stand as beacons of stewardship,” TRPA Community Liaison Jeff Cowen said. “These property owners and land managers deserve to be recognized for their efforts to show us what can be done when we strive to protect a treasure like Lake Tahoe.”
- Tahoe-Truckee Toastmasters groups help locals learn to express themselves
- California's 3-foot bicycle law figures to play role at Truckee-Tahoe
- $30 million Tahoe City bridge, highway overhaul gets OK from TRPA
- Major Lake Tahoe wildfire disaster drill Saturday 'a big deal'
- 24 STUSD staffers say goodbye