INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Ten people have put in papers to run for three seats on the Incline Village General Improvement District board of trustees, according to official filing results from Washoe County Elections.
The deadline to file for the June 12 primary election was 5 p.m. Friday, March 16.
Here's a breakdown of the big four local races for Incline Village voters, as well as the people who currently hold the seats:
• IVGID: Bea Epstein, Ted Fuller, Chuck Weinberger
• NLTFPD: Dale Smith, Chris Plastiras, Wayne Fischer
• County Commission, District 1: John Breternitz
• School Board, District A: Dan Carne
Here is the final list of people who have filed for the above races:
• IVGID: Tim Callicrate; George Del Carlo; Jim Smith; Fred Pritchard; Jim Hammerel; Bea Epstein (incumbent); Aaron Katz; Frank Wright; Bill Devine; Robert Olmer
• NLTFPD: Chris May; Paul Zahler; Steven King; Wayne Fischer (incumbent); Dale Smith (incumbent)
• County Commission, District 1: Marsha Berkbigler (a Republican); Andrew Diss (a Democrat); Skyler Kachurak (a Democrat)
• School Board, District A: Brian Flanner; Dale Richardson; Lisa Ruggerio
The entire list can be viewed here: www.co.washoe.nv.us/Voters/2012candidates
According to previous reports, primaries are held for any office that has more than double the number of people applying than the number of positions open.
Therefore, the top six vote-getters on June 12 for the IVGID race move on to the November 6 general election. Similarly, with the county commission and school district, voters will decide two candidates from the three for each race to move on to November. There will be no primary election for the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District.
For election information, including instructions on how to become a registered voter, a listing of important dates to remember and more, visit www.co.washoe.nv.us/voters.