LAKE TAHOE — The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency on Wednesday announced the schedule of meetings and workshops for public input on the Regional Plan Update draft and environmental documents scheduled to be released later this month.
The update includes five draft documents that will be released at TRPA’s Governing Board meetings on April 25 at The Chateau in Incline Village and April 26 at the TRPA Office Board Rooms in Stateline.
The draft documents include the updated plan and corresponding environmental impact statement, along with TRPA’s code of ordinances documents, and the Regional Transportation Plan and related environmental impact statement, according to an agency press release.
The 2011 Threshold Evaluation Report, Lake Tahoe’s environmental report card, will also be released.
During the April Governing Board meetings, the board will have an open discussion on the length of time for public comment on the draft plans. The discussion will center on whether the comment period should be 60, 75, or 90 days, and how each choice will impact the final Regional Plan Update delivery schedule.
The public meeting and workshop dates are as follows:
• April 25, 9 a.m. TRPA Governing Board meeting, The Chateau, Incline Village; April 26 at 9:30 a.m. TRPA Governing Board meeting, TRPA Office Board Rooms, Stateline.
• May 21, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., public workshop, The Chateau, Incline Village.
• May 22, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., public workshop, TRPA Office Board Rooms, Stateline.
• May 23, 9:30 a.m., TRPA Governing Board meeting public hearings, North Tahoe Event Center, Kings Beach.
• May 24, 9:30 a.m. TRPA Governing Board meeting public hearings, TRPA Office Board Rooms, Stateline.
“Public input is considered a critical part of the Regional Plan Update process,” said Joanne S. Marchetta, TRPA’s executive director, in a statement. “We encourage people to get involved as we create a sustainable future together.”