TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Placer County Sheriff's Office press log for March 7-March 26.
• At 2 p.m. on Highlands View Drive in Truckee, pursuant to arresting a male subject on a Placer County warrant, marijuana and drug paraphernalia were also found.
• At 2 a.m. on the 200 block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, a male subject was taken into custody for drunk in public.
• At 9 a.m. on Rusty Road in Kings Beach, officers responded to a report that unknown suspects were stealing wood from a victim’s residence sometime since February.
• At 4 p.m. at a North Shore ski resort, officers responded to a report that an unknown suspect stole a ski rack off of the victim’s vehicle in the parking lot.
• At 11 p.m. on the 5000 block of North Lake Boulevard in Carnelian Bay, pursuant to a report of a subject “stiffing” a taxi driver, a female suspect was taken into custody for drunk in public. The female was very wobbly and unable to verbalize her address.
• At 2 p.m. at a North Shore ski resort, search and rescue was initiated after a snowboarder got lost outside the boundaries of the ski area. The male subject hiked his way out through Tahoe Vista and made it home safely.
• At 2:30 p.m. at a North Shore ski resort, a report was taken for embezzlement and burglary. A female employee admitted to embezzling from her employer. Report filed with the Placer County DA’s office.
• At 9 p.m. on Cove Avenue in Kings Beach, a report was taken for battery after an intoxicated male punched a restaurant employee after being refused food service. The kitchen had already closed.
• At 3 p.m. 8300 block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, two subjects were arrested — one on possession of a controlled substance and drug sales, the second on a warrant.
• At 8:30 p.m. on National Avenue in Tahoe Vista, after deputies responded to a report of a dispute, a male subject was arrested for 2 Placer County warrants and drunk in public.
On the 1900 block of Squaw Valley Road, an unknown suspect stole a victim’s jacket and iPhone from a restaurant in Olympic Valley.
• At 10 a.m. on the 300 block on West Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, officers responded to a report that an unknown suspect had siphoned gas from a victim’s vehicle sometime in past week.
• On Washoe Drive in Olympic Valley, an unknown suspect stole a gas can with $45 worth of gas inside.