Dorrace “Dody” Allyn left this life on April 26, 2012 after struggling with complications from vascular surgery. Born in Pittsburgh, PA where her adoptive parents, Mr. and Mrs. Abraham Lusthaus, had a furniture business.After marriage, she came west to Tuscon, AZ and raised a son, Judd, and a daughter, Patti, who survive her. Along with family activities in the sunny Southwest, she studied advertising and marketing at the University of Arizona and subsequently enjoyed success in her own agency with accounts such as the T.V. show “High Chaparral”. In the mid seventies, “Dody” moved to North Lake Tahoe having been charmed by the area during a visit a few years earlier. Many friends will remember her from the personalized jewelry business she developed, East-West Jewelry, with her friend Barbara Glotzer.Her many friends are invited to a memorial and celebration of Dody’s life which will be held on Sunday, June 3, 2012 at Ross Burke andamp; Knobel Mortuary, 2155 Kietzke Ln., Reno at 2:00pm.
- Tahoe’s Kevin Murnane remembered for vast community support (updated)
- California drought: More work needed as water conservation sees positive results at Lake Tahoe, Truckee
- Bruce in the USA brings Springsteen to Harrah’s Lake Tahoe
- SLT family calls for responsible pet owners after dog death
- American ski hero Travis Ganong enrolls at Sierra Nevada College