Dorrace “Dody” Allyn left this life on April 26, 2012 after struggling with complications from vascular surgery. Born in Pittsburgh, PA where her adoptive parents, Mr. and Mrs. Abraham Lusthaus, had a furniture business.After marriage, she came west to Tuscon, AZ and raised a son, Judd, and a daughter, Patti, who survive her. Along with family activities in the sunny Southwest, she studied advertising and marketing at the University of Arizona and subsequently enjoyed success in her own agency with accounts such as the T.V. show “High Chaparral”. In the mid seventies, “Dody” moved to North Lake Tahoe having been charmed by the area during a visit a few years earlier. Many friends will remember her from the personalized jewelry business she developed, East-West Jewelry, with her friend Barbara Glotzer.Her many friends are invited to a memorial and celebration of Dody’s life which will be held on Sunday, June 3, 2012 at Ross Burke andamp; Knobel Mortuary, 2155 Kietzke Ln., Reno at 2:00pm.
- Authorities: Masked gunman robs another North Tahoe pharmacy
- Scientists looking for new ways to battle climate change, increasing populations at Lake Tahoe
- Pizzeria relies on additive-free food to maintain hidden-gem status
- Andy Wirth, Olympic Valley group disagree on fiscal report
- Battle over bears heats up once again at Lake Tahoe