Dorrace “Dody” Allyn left this life on April 26, 2012 after struggling with complications from vascular surgery. Born in Pittsburgh, PA where her adoptive parents, Mr. and Mrs. Abraham Lusthaus, had a furniture business.After marriage, she came west to Tuscon, AZ and raised a son, Judd, and a daughter, Patti, who survive her. Along with family activities in the sunny Southwest, she studied advertising and marketing at the University of Arizona and subsequently enjoyed success in her own agency with accounts such as the T.V. show “High Chaparral”. In the mid seventies, “Dody” moved to North Lake Tahoe having been charmed by the area during a visit a few years earlier. Many friends will remember her from the personalized jewelry business she developed, East-West Jewelry, with her friend Barbara Glotzer.Her many friends are invited to a memorial and celebration of Dody’s life which will be held on Sunday, June 3, 2012 at Ross Burke andamp; Knobel Mortuary, 2155 Kietzke Ln., Reno at 2:00pm.
- Will this be Tahoe City's new look? Fanny Bridge project nears vote
- Dredging projects underway
- Gunman on loose after robbing Tahoe pharmacy; $1,500 reward offered
- Truckee Town Council OKs 66-acre development zoning plan
- Workshop on potential changes to vacation home rental rules draws crowd of about 100 people