INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — The Incline Village/Crystal Bay Republican Women’s Club is holding its May meeting at the Governor’s Mansion in Carson City from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 8.Attorney Mark Hutchison — a Republican candidate from State Senate District 6 (Las Vegas) — and Dr. Joel Strom will be guest speakers.According to press materials for the meeting, Hutchison was appointed in 2010 by former Gov. Jim Gibbons to join 26 other states in filing their opposition to the national health care reform law.Strom is constructing a grassroots national movement to prepare doctors, health care professionals and concerned patients to “speak out against the new health care overhaul.”Reservations are required. Those interested in attending should send $45 by Saturday, May 5, to IV/CB Republican Women’s Club, P.O. Box 3009, Incline Village, NV 89450. RSVP to Kathi Congistre at email@example.com, or via phone to Donna Kwachak at 775-833-2788.
- Man threatens to jump from eighth-story ledge
- K-12 private school to build campus in Martis Valley; Tahoe lakeside option out
- Prescribed burns planned for Lake Tahoe's west, south shores
- Amid low oxygen levels, Lake Tahoe trout relocation goes swimmingly
- The top five online: Tahoe-Truckee's most-read stories, April 20-26