INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — The Incline Village/Crystal Bay Republican Women’s Club is holding its May meeting at the Governor’s Mansion in Carson City from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 8.Attorney Mark Hutchison — a Republican candidate from State Senate District 6 (Las Vegas) — and Dr. Joel Strom will be guest speakers.According to press materials for the meeting, Hutchison was appointed in 2010 by former Gov. Jim Gibbons to join 26 other states in filing their opposition to the national health care reform law.Strom is constructing a grassroots national movement to prepare doctors, health care professionals and concerned patients to “speak out against the new health care overhaul.”Reservations are required. Those interested in attending should send $45 by Saturday, May 5, to IV/CB Republican Women’s Club, P.O. Box 3009, Incline Village, NV 89450. RSVP to Kathi Congistre at email@example.com, or via phone to Donna Kwachak at 775-833-2788.
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe to celebrate grand opening this week
- Want to buy a historic Lake Tahoe property? Fork over $98 million
- Western drought continues: Washoe Lake, before and after
- Shallow water at Lake Tahoe leads to halted cruise operations
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report up to 6 inches of new snow