SIERRAVILLE, Calif. — Sierraville Fire andamp; Rescue is mixing it up this year, holding the fourth annual Tour de Manure bicycle ride around Sierra Valley on the third Saturday of June — June 16 — to avoid conflicts with graduation parties and take advantage of June’s warmer days. “The Tour was always a way to show off all the great things about Sierra Valley,” said Tour Boss Doug Read, “so this year we’re boosting up the finish-line party with more live music, more food, and a fair of local entrepreneurs and craftspeople.” Honkey Tonk Dwight Brooks will stroll around with his guitar in the morning, and Michael Hogan and the Simpletones will play into the afternoon starting mid-day. Lunch is included and includes fajitas from Los Dos Hermanos, tortellini salad from Pasquetti’s Silver Eagle Catering, and tri-tip by Paul Roen. Registration on Active.com is $50 until June 8, $60 after that. Find more info on the Tour de Manure Facebook Page or www.sierravillefireandrescue.com/biketour.html.
- Who to watch at this year's Tahoe celebrity golf tournament
- Be community minded today, and every day in Tahoe (opinion)
- South Shore Tahoe History Trail grows in size — and popularity
- Kingsbury Middle School sold to make way for South Shore affordable housing development
- This week's action: There's more than golf this weekend (opinion)