SIERRAVILLE, Calif. — Sierraville Fire andamp; Rescue is mixing it up this year, holding the fourth annual Tour de Manure bicycle ride around Sierra Valley on the third Saturday of June — June 16 — to avoid conflicts with graduation parties and take advantage of June’s warmer days. “The Tour was always a way to show off all the great things about Sierra Valley,” said Tour Boss Doug Read, “so this year we’re boosting up the finish-line party with more live music, more food, and a fair of local entrepreneurs and craftspeople.” Honkey Tonk Dwight Brooks will stroll around with his guitar in the morning, and Michael Hogan and the Simpletones will play into the afternoon starting mid-day. Lunch is included and includes fajitas from Los Dos Hermanos, tortellini salad from Pasquetti’s Silver Eagle Catering, and tri-tip by Paul Roen. Registration on Active.com is $50 until June 8, $60 after that. Find more info on the Tour de Manure Facebook Page or www.sierravillefireandrescue.com/biketour.html.
- Tension high over bear management in Nevada side of Tahoe Basin
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured (story will be updated)
- Fall reading picks: South Lake Tahoe Library provides its top selections for the season
- Windjammers Yacht Club wraps up season with Fannette Island Race, LB wins on the water
- When winning is actually losing; an issue with the local banner ordinance (opinion)