TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for April 30-May 14, along with previously unreported incidents.
• The theft of a cellphone and iPod was reported from high school locker room on Donner Pass Road.
• Officers took a report from a subject who lost his cellphone at his place of work on Swiss Lane. When subject’s phone bill arrived he realized someone had used the cellphone, adding almost $500 in charges.
• Officers found a subject in his vehicle on Donner Pass Road. Subject was in possession of firearm; he fired the weapon near occupied dwellings in a negligent manor and brandished the weapon to the officers. Following deployment of less-than-lethal counter measures, suspect was subsequently arrested and transported to Tahoe Forest Hospital for evaluation.
• Officers detained two adults and one juvenile for shoplifting on Donner Pass Road. Citizens arrest forms were completed for each individual and the subjects were cited and released.
• Juvenile subject contacted in parked car with two adults. A search of the vehicle revealed marijuana and alcohol belonging to the juvenile subject who is currently on probation. Subject was issued a citation for possession of alcohol and marijuana and released to her mother.
• Officers took a report that unknown suspect(s) vandalized victim’s vehicle on Rue Hilltop Road.
• Business owners had a disagreement over allowance to cut trees on property on Deerfield Drive. Crime unfounded. Report was taken.
• Officers took a report on Wiltshire Lane in Glenshire after a mother and son had a verbal argument that resulted in a minor scuffle. Both parties agreed to separate for the evening. No prosecution desired by either party.
• Unknown subject broke a window and entered an unoccupied residence on Trout Creek Road. No suspect information at this time.
• Officers took a report that unknown subject removed catalytic converter from a vehicle on Waters Way sometimes during the night. No suspect information or leads at this time.
• After a suspect stole two pairs of sunglasses form a store on Donner Pass Road, suspect was cited and released.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for Petty Theft investigation. Juvenile driver determined to be unlicensed and reported as a runway from Washoe County. Juvenile previously provided false ID to a police officer during a previous theft attempt. Juvenile returned to mother and cited.
• Reporting party came to the Sheriff’s Office to report his unlocked vehicle had been entered and items taken on Star Pine Road. The reporting party requested a documentation of the incident.
• Truckee Police Department received a 911 call from a subject who said he had been in a verbal argument with his girlfriend. The Placer County Sheriff’s Department received a 911 phone call from the girlfriend who said her husband was pushing her around. It was determined the couple had been involved in a physical altercation and during the fight the male subject threw an item at the girlfriend. The thrown item hit the girlfriend in the head causing an injury. This happened on Waters Way.
• Officers took a report that juvenile is not showing up home on Donner Pass Road. The juvenile was contacted at school and said she stayed at a friend’s house. Juvenile is on probation and her probation was contacted. Report was forwarded at the request of Nevada County Probation.
• Subject found a property near a Dumpster on Donner Pass Road and turned it into the police department for safekeeping. Appears to be transient property, no identification with items.
• Officers reported that two juvenile males were involved in a physical altercation, which was video recorded on one of the juvenile’s iPods. The situation is being medicated by the juvenile’s fathers and will be followed up at later date by the school resource officer.
• Officers took a report for trespassing at Farad Power Station. Investigation revealed he was in possession of several illegal weapons. Subject was arrested by Truckee Police Department for weapons violation.
• Subjects were yelling at cars and causing a traffic hazard on Cold Stream Road. Officers contacted them and one of the was found to have a misdemeanor warrant out of Marin County. He was cited and released with a notice to appear in Marin County.
• Officers responded to a report of trespassing on Whitetail Court. The suspect was located at the scene and the victim signed a citizen’s arrest form. The suspect was subsequently cited for the violation and released.
• Officers contacted a person on probation and probation search was conducted. During the search , a chemical test was conducted and it was determined the subject had recently used an illegal drug. Officers forwarded the report to Nevada County probation Department for further action.
• Police officers took a report that unknown suspect(s) vandalized two vehicles belonging to the victim while they were parked in the victim’s driveway on Crestview Drive.
• Approximately $900 worth of damage done to the exterior of a local preschool.
• Officers reported a physical altercation involving two juveniles and one adult. Mother of an involved juvenile signed citizen arrest forms for the other two individuals involved. One adult and one juvenile were cited and released for misdemeanor battery.
• A suspect was arrested for being intoxicated in public after he woke up owners of residence by knocking on the front door thinking he was at a friend’s house.