TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for May 14-29, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Officers responded to a report of grand theft on Waters Way. Unknown suspect entered an unlocked vehicle and removed a stereo system and numerous compact music discs.
• Officers detained a transient on Waters Way for investigation of possession of stolen property. The property in question was not identified as the early reported stolen property. Informational report was taken and the subject was released.
• An employee working at a business on Donner Pass Road reported graffiti vandalism to the men’s restroom.
• Officers generated a report for grand theft in the Airport area after a mountain bike was stolen from the roof of victim’s vehicle sometime during the afternoon.
• Officers responded to a report of petty theft after an unknown suspect entered the victim’s unattended and unlocked vehicle and took property without permission or consent.
• A citizen found a wallet on Highway 267 near Soaring Way and turned it over to the police.
• A suspect stole two bracelets form a store on Donner Pass Road and left without attempting to pay. The suspect was detained by store employees then cited and released by law enforcement.
• Officers took a report of a pedestrian hitting a vehicle with a stick on Donner Pass Road. Police contacted the pedestrian and the driver. The pedestrian accused the driver of running over his foot; the pedestrian struck the hood of the vehicle several times with his walking cane. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges for vandalism; pedestrian declined to explain what exactly happened. It is unknown whether or not the pedestrian foot was run over or not. Officers generated a report for information only.
• A reporting party observed subject entered a Pathway Avenue residence through a garage and walked out with a rifle. The subject was contacted walking down the street and it was determined he was at his parent’s vacation home and had retrieved a pellet gun. The owners of the residence were called, and the subject was transported back to the residence to await parents arrival. There was no crime found, and a report was taking just for documentation.
• Officers arrested a juvenile for public intoxication and in violation on his probation.
• A local business reported a transient female loitering on the bench in front of the business on Donner Pass Road. Officers contacted the female and determined she has an outstanding misdemeanor warrant; the female was arrested and transported to jail.
• An unknown suspect damaged approximately 10 mail boxes on Glenshire Drive.
• Officers investigated a 911 hang-up and discovered domestic violence had occurred at a residence on Donner Pass Road. The investigation led to the arrest of a male suspect.
• An employee for the Truckee Sanitation District reported an unknown person broke a light at the pump station on Saddleback Road.
• Subject was seen acting suspiciously near a closed business. The subject fled the area when he saw the police. Probation search of subject’s residence revealed several violations. The officers forwarded a report to Probation for a review.
• Officers took a report of a couple fighting in the parking lot on Deerfield Drive. The involved female was arrested for felony domestic violence.