TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Below are select local incidents from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office press log for May 15-June 5.
• At 11 p.m. on Dolly Varden Avenue in Kings Beach, officers assisted for a drug dog call-out. K-9 alerted to suspected methamphetamine in the suspect’s vehicle. Officers arrested the suspect for DUI.
• At 1:30 a.m. at the corner of Brook Avenue and Coon Street in Kings Beach, officers found a male subject screaming in the middle of the street. He was taken into custody due to his high level intoxication. A second male was also arrested for drunk in public after he fled from deputies.
• At 10 a.m. on the 300 Block of River Road in Tahoe City, a victim accidentally left a bag filled with personal electronics at a local business. Later, officers arrested a male subject for being in possession of stolen property.
• At 8 a.m. at Commons Beach in Tahoe City, officers generated a report that sometime over night an unknown subject started a fire in the public restroom at the beach.
• At 11:30 p.m. on the 8700 Block of Brook Avenue in Kings Beach, a male subject was arrested for drunk in public after causing a disturbance in the neighborhood.
• Sometime overnight on the 7700 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, an unknown suspect threw a rock through a window of a local business.
• At 9 a.m. at the Wye in Tahoe City, Placer County Sheriff’s Office responded to a physical altercation between two females. There was no prosecution desired.
• At 1:30 p.m. on the 7400 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, officers responded to a report that an unknown suspect broke two lamps attached to the garage.
• At 3 p.m. in the Alpine Meadows parking lot, officers generated a report that an unknown suspect broke into a locked vehicle about a week ago and stole $1,800 worth of camera equipment.
• At 4 p.m. on the 300 Block of Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, officers responded to a physical altercation between two males. Officers found out the suspect was waiting for the victim with two rocks in hand. However, when confronted, the victim reacted first and punched suspect in the face, knocking out two teeth. Officers arrested the suspect.
• At 5:30 p.m. on the 7800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista, officers took a report that unknown suspect entered a local business, opened a new bottle of vodka, drank some then put it back on the shelf.
• Sometime overnight on Pineland Avenue in Tahoe City, an unknown suspect removed tools from victim’s unlocked vehicle.
• At 2 p.m. on Squaw Creek Road in Olympic Valley, an unknown suspect removed a purse from a hotel room and later attempted to use the credit cards.
• At 4:30 p.m. on Piney Wood Road in Carnelian Bay, officers took a report that unknown suspect removed a Weber barbecue from a victim’s deck.
• At 6:45 p.m. on the 8500 Block of Brook Avenue in Kings Beach, Animal Control assistance was required after a dog bit a 5-year-old girl.
• At 4 a.m. on Fountain Avenue in Tahoe City, an unknown suspect stole items from the cab of victim’s truck, while the victim was sleeping in his bed in the truck.
• At 7 a.m. on Gray Avenue in Tahoma, an unknown suspect smashed the window of victim’s vehicle and stole her purse.
• At 9 a.m. on Brassie Avenue in Tahoe Vista, officers generated a report that unknown suspect removed a camera and several personal items from victim’s unlocked vehicle.
• At 5 p.m. on Brockway Vista Avenue in Kings Beach, officers took a report that an unknown suspect removed a victim’s backpack and wallet from unlocked vehicle.
• At 7:30 p.m. on the 8200 Block of Golden Avenue in Kings Beach, an unknown suspect stole tools and a stereo from victim’s unlocked vehicle.
• At 1:30 a.m. in Agate Bay, officers located a DUI suspect, who fled from California Highway Patrol during a traffic stop. The suspect was turned over to California Highway Patrol for a DUI.
• At 5 a.m. on Speedboat Avenue in Kings Beach, officers found a heavily intoxicated subject lying unconscious in the roadway. The officers took the subject into protective custody for drunk in public.
• At 5 p.m. on Grove Street in Tahoe City, a male subject was witnessed stumbling into his vehicle and drove away. Later he was located and turned over to California Highway Patrol for suspicion of DUI.
• At 7 p.m. on Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, a female was so intoxicated that she could not walk on her own. Officers took her into custody for public intoxication for her own safety.