TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for May 29-June 4, along with previously unreported incidents.
• During a dispute between two residents in neighboring trailers on West River Street, the suspect pushed the victim against a barbecue grill. The victim received a minor injury. She decided not to call Truckee Police Department that evening and instead left the area to stay with a family member.
• A victim reported her vehicle was vandalized sometime during the evening hours. The vehicle was parked out front of her apartment on Estates Drive. There is no available suspect information. Officers took a report for informational purposes.
• A mother called to report her juvenile son was befriended by an older male. Officers investigated and no crime had occurred. A report was taken only for documentation.
• Officers generated a report for trespassing on Dolomite Way. A subject was found in the reporting party’s bathroom. The subject did not have permission to be in the residence. Later the subject was contacted and admitted to trespassing. The report will be forwarded to the District Attorney for prosecution for trespassing.
• Officer generated a report of verbal argument between a mother and daughter on Dolomite Way. The daughter went to shut her bedroom door in an attempt to get the mother to leave her alone. The mother refused to leave and stuck her arm up in an attempt to stop the door being shut. The door scraped the mother’s arm. Report was taken just for information.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle violations on Dorchester Drive at Glen Shire. The driver was found to be under 21 years of age and with a blood alcohol content greater than 0.01 percent. The driver was cited for the violations.
• Officers generated a report that an unknown driver operating an unknown vehicle collided with the victim’s vehicle, which was legally parked in a parking lot on Easter Drive. The suspect driver left the area without attempting to contact the victim or leave any information.
• Officers took a report of identity theft on Jeffrey Pine Road. The reporting party requested a report to be generated to document this incident.
• The reporting party came to the Police Department to report she has received harassing and threatening emails from her ex-boyfriend for the past year. The reporting party was in a process of obtaining a restraining order and wanted an additional advice on how to address the situation.
• Officers generated a report of an unknown male subject attempting to jump off the Highway 267 bypass. The witnesses observed the subject get into a vehicle and flee the scene prior to officer’s arrival. Officers took a report for documentation only.
• Unknown suspect entered a fenced electrical yard on River View Drive and threw rocks at the equipment,, causing $400 or more damage. There is no suspect information.
• Unknown suspect entered victim’s unsecured vehicle and stole victim’s firearm. The grand theft occurred in Roseville, Calif., so the theft report was taken as courtesy to Roseville Police Department.
• During a dispute between husband and wife on Northwoods Boulevard, the husband struck and choked his wife before threatening to kill her. The victim was able to momentarily conceal herself in a closet in order to place a call for help. Officers took the suspect into custody and booked him for domestic violence and criminal threats.
• Police officers arrested a subject for public intoxication on Pine Avenue. The subject was released with no pending charges.
• Officers took a report that an unknown suspect entered victim’s unlocked vehicle on Stone Ridge Drive and took property without permission or consent. The suspect also took a possession of the remote garage door and stole variety of tools from the victim’s garage.
• Officers took a report of petty theft on Stone Ridge Drive. An unknown suspect entered victim’s unlocked vehicle and took property without permission or consent.
• Officers documented a domestic dispute between a husband and his wife on Moraine Road at Olympic Drive. Both of the suspects were intoxicated at a party. They argued and the husband walked home from the party. The husband became upset when the wife drove home with their children. They got in a verbal argument again and the husband started kicking the vehicle in the street.