INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Spinal Decompression Therapy is a computer controlled, mechanical traction of the spine using a specialized table. Spinal decompression therapy relieves pressure on structures that cause neck pain, low back pain and sciatica. It relieves the pain associated with herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, arthritis and nerve pain.Spinal Decompression Therapy works by restoring function to an injured disc or spinal joint. During the spinal decompression treatment, injured discs are gently stretched apart, producing suction inside the disc.This suction draws disc bulges and herniations back into the center of the disc along with oxygen, water, and healing nutrients. The end result is a strong, healthy, properly functioning disc.During treatment, patients feel relief of the pressure in the area where their pain exists. Treatment sessions are typically both comfortable and relaxing. Clinical studies of spinal decompression therapy report that 84 percent of patients show significant reduction of pain. Spinal Decompression Therapy is a safe and effective treatment for back pain without the risks associated with surgery or prescription medication.— Rodney Shoemaker, DC, works with Incline Chiropractic Natural Health Center, located at 894 Southwood Blvd. in Incline Village. Learn more at inclinechiropractic.com.
- Ky-Mani Marley releases statement about missed South Shore show
- South Tahoe football rolls past Sparks 49-19 in season opener
- Summer slidin': 1,000-foot slip 'n slide makes Lake Tahoe debut
- Tree mortality an increasing concern in Lake Tahoe Basin
- Take a hike: Direct route to Marlette Lake leads to serene waters perched above Lake Tahoe's East Shore