Tribune staff report

Back to: News
June 29, 2012
Follow News

Deep fryer lights fire in Meyers

An electric deep fryer left on a deck is believed to be the cause of a Thursday morning structure fire in Meyers.

About 2:40 a.m. firefighters from South Lake Tahoe Fire Department and Lake Valley Fire Protection District responded to a report of a deck on fire on the 2400 block of Blitzen Road. Firefighters arrived on scene and were able to quickly extinguish the fire, according to a statement from the district.

The fire went through a wall of the house and into the building's attic, while also damaging power lines, according to the statement.

Residents of the home were alerted to the fire by their smoke detectors, according to the district.

Damage costs are still being estimated.


Explore Related Articles

Trending in: News

Tahoe Daily Tribune Updated Jun 29, 2012 09:33PM Published Jun 29, 2012 09:31PM Copyright 2012 Tahoe Daily Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.