TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for June 4-13, along with previously unreported incidents.
• A school official reported a fight occurred on one of the school buses. Two students were suspended and one was cited for fighting in public.
• Officers contacted a subject regarding a neighbor dispute on Meadow Way. The whole incident occurred over a broken window on his truck. The subject wanted to file a report just in case similar incident occur again. There is no further action desired.
• Officers took a report of grand theft on West River Street. An unknown suspect stole a mountain bike from a local business. The case is pending for suspect leads.
• Officers took a report for a petty theft on West River Street after an unknown suspect stole screened fill dirt valued at $250.
• An anonymous party reported a possible drunk driver traveling near downtown. Later officers located the driver on Glenshire Drive — driving the vehicle with an expired registration. His license was also suspended and he had warrant. Officers arrested the driver and they found a hypodermic needle in his vehicle, which he was additionally charged with.
• A juvenile was issued a citation for shoplifting on Palisades Drive.
• Officers arrested a juvenile for shoplifting and violation of probation on Palisades Drive. Juvenile was booked into juvenile hall.
• Police responded to a domestic violence involving a boyfriend and a girlfriend on Edmonds Drive. After the investigation the female was taken into custody. After the incident was stabilized, their mothers arrived at the residence and got into physical altercation, in which one of the females suffered a small scratch on her face. The case was forwarded to the District Attorney Office for a review.
• A subject called Police to report that he got into a verbal argument with his former spouse. Officers determined that the argument became a physical fight. The female was subsequently arrested and booked into the Nevada County Jail in Truckee.
• A mother and daughter got into a minor altercation when the daughter hid mom’s alcohol. Officers took a report for documentation only.
• Officers caught a juvenile subject damaging a wooden fence on Crestview Drive. The juvenile was cited and released to his parents.
• Police officers located more than 50 juvenile students trespassing a property on Donner Pass Road. The students were participating in “Senior Prank.” There is no evidence of any vandalism or theft. The school officials were notified and they will handle the incident informally through the school without pursuing criminal persecution.
• A subject, who is on probation, was located and officers determined he was staying at a residence he had not reported to his probation officer. The subject confirmed that he had been staying at this residence for approximately two months. The report will be forwarded to his probation officer for follow up.
• A Truckee Fire official located a child walking alone in the downtown area. A reporting party called several minutes later to advise the father was in the area and was frantically looking for a small child. The officer arrived in the area as the father was taking the child from the fire official. The father refused to answer any questions at first and then began to cooperate. The report will be forwarded to Nevada County District Attorney’s office for prosecution of child endangerment.
• Officers documented an incident between neighbors on Estate Drive. Both of the parties had outgoing issues.
• Officers generated a report of a couple fighting in a parking lot on Highway 89 South. Police officers arrested the involved male for felony domestic violence battery causing injury as well as child endangerment due to the apparent methamphetamine involvement and the fact that during the physical altercation the male was holding the child. The female was later arrested for being under the influence of a controlled substance and child endangerment. The child was placed in the care of Child Protective Services.
• A victim reported the theft of his work vehicle from the Airport Road in Truckee. He had a loaded firearm in the car. The victim later discovered his fuel card had been used. The firearm was entered as stolen, and the victim deactivated the fuel card.
• Officers responded to a female, who was destroying common property of hers and her husband’s. Upon officer’s arrival arrestee was under the influence of alcohol and was deemed a threat to others by officers. Arrestee was booked an Nevada County Sheriff’s Office for drunk in public.
• A subject was arrested for public intoxication and released with no charges pending.
• A victim reported her friend for stealing her checkbook from her residence in Incline Village and writing several checks to himself.
• During an investigation for a suspicious subject in the area of Alder Creek, police officers contacted the suspect and he was found to be under the influence of a controlled substance. The officers took the suspect into custody without incident and booked him at the Truckee jail.
• Officers stopped a driver for traffic infraction on Donner Pass Road. The driver was subsequently found to be driving under the influence of alcohol. He was arrested and booked at Nevada County jail.
• A reporting party reported that he lost his wallet with miscellaneous credit cards and his driver’s license.
• During an investigation for suspicious subject in the area of Alder Creek, the suspect was found to have outstanding warrants. Officers took him into custody without incident and booked him at Truckee jail.
• The hospital reported having a disoriented subject in the Emergency Room. The subject turned out to be a missing person out of Martinez. He was released from the hospital and got a ride from the person who reported him missing.
• Officers responded to a residential trespassing call on Glenshire Drive. The investigation revealed the victim’s ex-boyfriend damaged the victim’s vehicle. The officers located the suspect and arrested him.
• A reporting party advised that a student hit another student at the bus stop on Glenshire Drive. One of the students was cited for a battery and released to his mother. The student was also suspended from school for five days.
• During the lunch break officer observed a juvenile walking down on Donner Pass road smoking a cigarette. The juvenile was detained and subsequently cited for a possession of cigarettes. The juvenile parent met the officer at the high school and signed the juvenile citation.