With great sadness and broken hearts we announce the sudden death of Samantha Robin Nisson. Born in Novato, California, on February 24, 1967, to Samuel andamp; Angela Nisson, Sam spent the majority of her vibrant life in Tahoe.Sam had a stunning smile that she shared with all she met and a unique, boisterous laugh that made her presence known all around town. She was quick to lend a helping hand, a bear hug or high five.She attended Ski Etude Academy for high school and trained with the Far West Ski Competition, excelling in the giant slalom. Sam enjoyed so many activities that our Tahoe area offers — skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, hiking with her dogs, dirt bike and quad riding, camping, kayaking andamp; horseback riding. She was a mountain girl who knew how to play hard!She loved music and attending concerts — especially Sammy Hagar — and was a lifelong 49er andamp; SF Giants fan.Much of her life was spent caring for others during their illnesses. She selflessly gave of her time, care andamp; love to many.Samantha leaves behind her lifetime love, Jeff Vasey and his extended family; sister Melody andamp; family; several cousins; her second family: Jim, Sue, Betsy andamp; Jimmy Kubinec; special birthday buddy friend, Debbie (Chaney) Arnaud; Godson, Caleb Arnaud; and so many more great Tahoe andamp; Loyalton friends.A celebration of Samantha's life will be held this fall with details to be announced at a future date.Girl with the big smile, big hair, big laugh, and big heart — We love you, Sammi!
- Who to watch at this year's Tahoe celebrity golf tournament
- Five questions with Tahoe-based Revive Interior Design's Jessie Marchesseau
- The Natural: NCIS: New Orleans star Black has been in the business since 10 years old, making fifth ACC appearance
- News briefs: New interim Tahoe Chamber CEO, new Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District fire chief, and more
- Lake Tahoe Airport restaurant re-opens in South Shore