TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for June 13-18, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Employee caught a juvenile trying to steal several makeup items from a store on Donner Pass Road. The juvenile was placed under citizen’s arrest and subsequently released to her mother with a juvenile citation.
• Officers took a report of vandalism on Brockway Road. Numerous security lights at the local park were damaged. There is no suspect information.
• A subject found 4 grams of marijuana and a small glass pipe on Donner Pass Road. The marijuana was booked in Truckee Police Department as evidence for destruction.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle violation on Highway 89 North. The passenger was arrested for possession of illegal knives.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for Vehicle Code Violations. The driver was found to be a minor in possession of alcohol. He was cited and released and the scene.
• Officers took a report of a subject causing a disturbance with elderly women on Donner Pass Road. The officers located the subject nearby and he was found to have felony warrant and restraining order from courts to stay away from her.
• Father and juvenile daughter were involved in verbal confrontation that turned into a physical confrontation. The father sustained minor scratch on his forearm.
• Officers generated a report for a missing 14-year old juvenile. The juvenile ran away after having an argument with his father.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for Vehicle Code violation. The driver was arrested for DUI and the passenger was cited for open container in the vehicle.
• Police officers were dispatched to the parking lot of the West End Beach. There were four intoxicated subjects, they looked like they were going to drive away in a vehicle.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle code violations on Donner Pass Road. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Two male subjects were arrested for public intoxication on Brockway Road at Palisades Road. They were released with no charges pending.
• Officers took a report of lost purse in downtown.
• A verbal argument occurred over use of public dock on Donner Lake. One party felt threatened and requested prosecution. A report was taken and sent to the District Attorney.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation on Donner Pass Road and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• A victim claimed that his ex-girlfriend stole his Macbook Pro computer when she moved back to Las Vegas.
• Officer stopped a driver for a traffic violation on Northwoods Boulevard. The driver was subsequently driving under the influence of alcohol.
• A report was taken for a domestic violence incident, later it was found to be verbal argument only.
• The suspect and the victim were in previous dating relationship and have a child in common. The suspect and the victim got into a verbal altercation and the suspect spit in the victim’s face and pushed the victim. The suspect fled before the officers arrived and was unable to be located. The victim and the suspect do not live together and the victim left the are. The report was forwarded to District Attorney for review.