INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Professional photographer Joy Strotz of Incline Village was presented with the 7th Annual Black and White Spider Awards 3rd Place — Honor of Distinction, in the category of Fashion at a prestigious Nomination andamp; Winners PhotoShow.The live online ceremony webcast in London on Saturday, June 9, was attended by photography fans in 72 countries who logged on to see the climax of the industry's most important event for black and white photography.The international jury included captains of the industry from National Geographic, Fratelli Alinari and Heffel Fine Art to the Tate in London, who honored Spider Fellows with 180 coveted title awards and 875 nominees in 14 categories."It is an incredible achievement to be selected among the best from the 8,223 entries we received this year," said Basil O'Brien, creative director for the Black and White Spider Awards. "Joy Strotz's 'Boutique Me,' an exceptional image entered in the Fashion category, represents black and white photography at its finest, and we're pleased to present her with the 3rd Place Honor of Distinction in Fashion."View the 7th Annual Winners Gallery at www.thespiderawards. com/gallery/7th.Black and White Spider Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence in black and white photography. The event shines a spotlight on the best professional and amateur photographers worldwide and honors the finest images with the highest achievements.
- Affordable housing woes: Are Tahoe locals being priced out of the real estate market?
- South Lake Tahoe massage regulations tightened
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- My view: Affordable housing directly impacted by TRPA policy (opinion)
- Tahoe-Truckee weather: Temps hit 90s this week, topping 100 down the hill