TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for June 18-25, along with previously unreported incidents.
• The reporting party contacted the Truckee Police department to claim he had lost the California license plate on his motorcycle while riding at Webber Lake.
• The vice principal of Truckee Tahoe High School called to report vandalism to the football field worth $400 in damage.
• Officers took a report of minor altercation between two middle school girls. One of the girls began sending threatening text message to the other. The incident was documented and the discipline was handled by the parents.
• A female was seen running down Brockway Road without pants on. She reported that an unknown male had attempted to rape her several hours prior. Later investigation revealed the incident did not occur.
• Officers contacted a subject on Donner Pass Road. The subject occurred to be under the influence of a controlled substance. The subject was arrested and booked into the Nevada County Jail in Truckee.
• A student pulled the fire alarm as a joke for the last day of school. The student ran from school employees when he was told on by another student. When he was located, he was transported to Truckee Fire Station 92 to speak to a Fire Captain about the dangers of this prank.
• Officers stopped a subject for a Vehicle Code Violations. The subject was found to be DUI and was arrested. He was booked into Nevada County Sheriff’s Office in Truckee without incident.
• Officers took a report for an accident including bicyclist on Donner Pass Road. The bicyclist was transported by Truckee fire to Tahoe Forest Hospital with minor injuries.
• A victim contacted the police department to report that an unknown person has been vandalized his mailbox on numerous occasions. The victim wanted the incident to be documented for informational purposes.
• A husband and a wife got into a verbal argument over plans to divorce. During the argument the husband forcefully removed keys from his wife’s hands which cost some fingernails to be torn off and her palm suffered some scratches. The husband was booked for Domestic Violence Assault.
• A boyfriend and a girlfriend got into a physical fight over the ending of their relationship. The girlfriend was arrested for spousal battery.
• During the cleanup of Truckee Thursday, a citizen reported a suspicious package. An officer investigated the package and discovered it contained a small amount of suspected cocaine. The contraband was booked into evidence with no suspect information.
• A subject called Truckee Police Department to report she had been in Downtown Truckee this last Thursday and she wanted to report an unexplained memory loss after drinking alcohol in one of the Downtown businesses. The subject requested a report to be taken for information purposes.
• While a teacher was working in the school after hours, a student of the school opened the windows and peered inside in the building. Nothing further occurred, but a report was taken.
• An intoxicated person was in a verbal argument with his ex-girlfriend in the alley to the rear of a Donner Pass Road bar. She repeatedly told him to leave her alone and he would not. He was arrested for public intoxication.
• A loss prevention officer witnessed two suspects shoplift makeup items and headbands, and attempt to leave the store without paying for the items. The suspects were detained and later cited and released for shoplifting. The case was forwarded to District Attorney ‘s office for prosecution.
• A citizen came into the Truckee Police Department lobby to report a non injury accident he was involved in over the weekend. Report was taken for information only.
• A juvenile reported that he was accosted and assaulted by an intoxicated male. The male was located and initially arrested. However it was determined that the juvenile had fabricated the story and the adult was released.