TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for June 25-July 2, along with previously unreported incidents.
• A loss prevention officer witnessed suspect shoplift an energy drink, sunglasses and fishing lures and attempt to leave the store without paying for the items. The suspect was detained and later cited and released for shoplifting. The case was forwarded to the District Attorney’s Office for prosecution.
• An unknown suspect threw a rock through victim’s window of their residence.
• A subject called Truckee Police Department to report vehicle collision. During the investigation it was determined the driver was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the collusion.
• Officers contacted a subject after being reported as being drunk in public — sitting on a bench in front of a business. The subject was subsequently determined to be drunk and was arrested.
• The Nevada County District Attorney’s Office reported a suspicious subject at the Nevada County Courthouse. Officers contacted the subject and found out he was under the influence of controlled substance. The subject attempt to flee from the officers, but he was subsequently taken into custody. The subject also had an active and confirmed felony by warrant. He was transported to the Tahoe Forest Hospital for medical clearance and then booked in Nevada County Sheriff’s Office without further incident.
• Officers initiated a traffic enforcement stop for a driver who failed to stop at posted stop sign on Bridge Street at Donner Pass Road. The driver was found to be intoxicated and he was subsequently arrested. Officers transported the driver to Tahoe Forest hospital for blood draw, then he was booked in Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.
• Sometime between 12:30 p.m. on June 27 and 6:30 a.m. on June 28, an unknown suspect entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and took property without permission or consent. The theft occurred on Pathway Avenue. There were no witnesses at the time of the report.
• Officers took a report that unknown suspect pulled approximately 30 snow poles out of the ground by unknown means causing damage to the snow poles. The incident occurred on Ski Slope Way at Snow Peak Way.
• Sometime between April 15 and June 27 , an unknown suspect entered victim’s residence and took property without permission or consent. The burglary occurred on Davos Drive.
• An unknown suspect attempt to pry open rear window of a vehicle and broke the window out. The suspect attempt to take items out of the vehicle, but could not get them out. This attempt for auto burglary occurred on Swiss Lane.
• Officers took a report for a grand theft on Donner Trail Road. An unknown suspect stole a stereo equipment from victim’s unlocked vehicle.
• A boyfriend and a girlfriend got into a physical fight on the South Shore. Both subjects had injuries from the fight. Officers arrested the female for domestic violence.
• An unknown suspect passed a counterfeit $20 bill at a business on Deerfield and then fled the scene. The counterfeit bill was confiscated by officers and report was taken.
• A reporting party reported the window of his vehicle was broken into sometime overnight. There is a possibility a bear broke in. Report was taken.
• A report was taken for theft of property from victim’s unlocked vehicle in Tahoe Donner. There is no suspect information. Report was taken.
• A reporting party called to report a subject being passed out in the front yard of a residence. Officers located the subject and arrested him for being intoxicated in public.
• An unknown suspect took the rear license plate off the victim’s vehicle without permission or consent.
• A known intoxicated suspect used the services of a taxi cab on the evening of June 28, vomited in the back seat, then fled from the driver when asked to pay the fare. The suspect had left her purse and cellphone in the cab and eventually contacted the Taxi Cab owner on June 30 in order to recover her property. The owner of the business met with the suspect and expected to collect a cleaning fee while waiving the taxi fare.
• Juvenile threw a rock at another juvenile causing a laceration to the juvenile’s cheek. Report was taken.
• An unknown suspect broke out a window and slashed a tire of the victim’s company van. The vandalism occurred on Donner Pass Road.
• Sometimes between 3-5 p.m., an unknown suspect stole the rear license plate off the victim’s vehicle that had been left unattended on Northwoods Boulevard.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for Vehicle Code Violation. It was determined the driver was on probation for DUI. The driver was arrested for DUI and probation violation.
• A husband and wife got into a verbal argument. The wife stated past history of domestic violence and was afraid it would start again. A report was taken for documentation only.
• A report was taken for a residential burglary. There is no suspect information.