TAHOE CITY, Calif. — American Volkssport Association (AVA) and Tahoe Trail Trekkers are sponsoring a Walk Event, July 21, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Registration will take place at the 64 acres parking area in Tahoe City. This is a free fun walk. All are welcome. For AVA credit the cost is $3. Hike 5km and 10km routes along Truckee River, then wind through William B. Layton Park and the newly completed Tahoe City Lakeside Trail. Tahoe Trail Trekkers includes folks of all ages who enjoy hiking on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from May to October and snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in the Lake Tahoe area in the winter. For information contact Diane Morrison at 530-546-2325, email@example.com or visit www.tahoetrailtrekkers.org.
- SoCal man, 42, drowns in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Tahoe City man, 21, suspected of DUI in major-injury crash
- Truckee’s Squeeze In ready to franchise; opens Bay Area location
- Tahoe/Truckee agencies enforce water restrictions amid CA drought
- Meet Your Merchant | From ranch to market at Truckee Meat Company