TAHOE CITY, Calif. — American Volkssport Association (AVA) and Tahoe Trail Trekkers are sponsoring a Walk Event, July 21, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Registration will take place at the 64 acres parking area in Tahoe City. This is a free fun walk. All are welcome. For AVA credit the cost is $3. Hike 5km and 10km routes along Truckee River, then wind through William B. Layton Park and the newly completed Tahoe City Lakeside Trail. Tahoe Trail Trekkers includes folks of all ages who enjoy hiking on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from May to October and snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in the Lake Tahoe area in the winter. For information contact Diane Morrison at 530-546-2325, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.tahoetrailtrekkers.org.
Take a hike with Volkssport and Trail Trekkers
- U.S. freeskiing and snowboarding teams named, Shaun White not listed
- You’re invited to Santa’s Party in Tahoe City
- $46M electricity upgrade planned for North Tahoe/Truckee
- High Fives Foundation and Big Brothers Big Sisters partner to provide at-risk youth ski helmets
- A look at the 2014 HGTV Dream Home in Truckee