TAHOE CITY, Calif. — American Volkssport Association (AVA) and Tahoe Trail Trekkers are sponsoring a Walk Event, July 21, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Registration will take place at the 64 acres parking area in Tahoe City. This is a free fun walk. All are welcome. For AVA credit the cost is $3. Hike 5km and 10km routes along Truckee River, then wind through William B. Layton Park and the newly completed Tahoe City Lakeside Trail. Tahoe Trail Trekkers includes folks of all ages who enjoy hiking on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from May to October and snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in the Lake Tahoe area in the winter. For information contact Diane Morrison at 530-546-2325, email@example.com or visit www.tahoetrailtrekkers.org.
- Tahoe-Truckee Toastmasters groups help locals learn to express themselves
- Major Lake Tahoe wildfire disaster drill Saturday 'a big deal'
- Looking for love: Bear tries to make new friends (VIDEO)
- Panel: Bikes have huge impact on Tahoe economy
- $30 million Tahoe City bridge, highway overhaul gets OK from TRPA