TAHOE CITY, Calif. — American Volkssport Association (AVA) and Tahoe Trail Trekkers are sponsoring a Walk Event, July 21, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Registration will take place at the 64 acres parking area in Tahoe City. This is a free fun walk. All are welcome. For AVA credit the cost is $3. Hike 5km and 10km routes along Truckee River, then wind through William B. Layton Park and the newly completed Tahoe City Lakeside Trail. Tahoe Trail Trekkers includes folks of all ages who enjoy hiking on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from May to October and snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in the Lake Tahoe area in the winter. For information contact Diane Morrison at 530-546-2325, email@example.com or visit www.tahoetrailtrekkers.org.
- Lake Tahoe casinos to show Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao fight
- Not if, but when: Lake Tahoe fire season could be busy amid drought
- Plans under way to renovate, create two Tahoe City hotels
- Two dogs perish in Thursday house fire
- Jim Porter: Many registered sex offenders live at Truckee-Tahoe