TAHOE CITY, Calif. — American Volkssport Association (AVA) and Tahoe Trail Trekkers are sponsoring a Walk Event, July 21, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Registration will take place at the 64 acres parking area in Tahoe City. This is a free fun walk. All are welcome. For AVA credit the cost is $3. Hike 5km and 10km routes along Truckee River, then wind through William B. Layton Park and the newly completed Tahoe City Lakeside Trail. Tahoe Trail Trekkers includes folks of all ages who enjoy hiking on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from May to October and snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in the Lake Tahoe area in the winter. For information contact Diane Morrison at 530-546-2325, email@example.com or visit www.tahoetrailtrekkers.org.
- 'True Squallywood legend' | Tahoe photographer beginning road to recovery after spinal cord injury
- Truckee Police Logs: 86 pounds of pot leads to three felony arrests
- Testimony: Drug dealer and wife gagged, beat and raped victim
- IVGID board chairman, vice-chair blast GM Pinkerton; time for him 'to go'
- Amid low oxygen levels, Lake Tahoe trout relocation goes swimmingly