TAHOE CITY, Calif. — American Volkssport Association (AVA) and Tahoe Trail Trekkers are sponsoring a Walk Event, July 21, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Registration will take place at the 64 acres parking area in Tahoe City. This is a free fun walk. All are welcome. For AVA credit the cost is $3. Hike 5km and 10km routes along Truckee River, then wind through William B. Layton Park and the newly completed Tahoe City Lakeside Trail. Tahoe Trail Trekkers includes folks of all ages who enjoy hiking on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from May to October and snowshoeing and cross-country skiing in the Lake Tahoe area in the winter. For information contact Diane Morrison at 530-546-2325, email@example.com or visit www.tahoetrailtrekkers.org.
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- Tahoe-Truckee weather: Temps hit 90s this week, topping 100 down the hill
- Affordable housing woes: Are Tahoe locals being priced out of the real estate market?
- Whittell's Scott Harrison awarded eighth annual Upshaw Scholarship
- Smoke from Soberanes, Sand fires filtering into Tahoe Basin