TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for July 2-9, along with previously unreported incidents.
• A vehicle was reported stolen from a driveway on Brockway Road. There is a suspect, who was a temporary roommate of the victim. The investigation is ongoing.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for traffic violations on Highway 267, north of the bypass. The driver was subsequently arrested for possession of concentrated cannabis. Additionally, the driver was on felony probation in Placer County.
• A citizen reported a possible DUI driver in Martis Valley area. Officers stopped the driver for vehicle code violation and were subsequently arrested for DUI.
• An intoxicated subject was found sitting in his vehicle by officers. The officers advised the subject that he was not permitted to operate his vehicle. The subject complied but the vehicle was found to have been moved approximately 10 minutes later. A report was taken.
• Two subjects were detained after fighting during a special event on Donner Pass Road. Both of them were subsequently released when neither party wanted to pursue criminal charges.
• After the 4th of July fireworks show at Donner Lake, an intoxicated male was taken into custody for refusing to get out of the roadway after being ordered to do so several times by two different officers.
• Several people reported a subject acting strange on Spruce Street. It was determined that the person is on probation and it is believed that he is not taken his medication as required to by his probation terms.
• Two pedestrians reported being struck by a vehicle while walking through the West End Beach parking lot during the 4th of July festivities. One of the pedestrians suffered a possible fractured knee and bruising. The other pedestrian complaint of pain only. A traffic collusion report was taken.
• A driver under 21 years of age was stopped for Vehicle Code violations. He was subsequently cited and released for driving with Blood Alcohol Content greater than 0.1%.
• An unknown suspect gained access to a second story apartment and removed one window screen, then attempted to remove a second. The attempted for residential burglary occurred on Estates Drive.
• A subject was found passed out on Bridge Street. The subject had urinated on himself. He was arrested for drunk in public and booked at Nevada County Sheriff’s Office in Truckee.
• An unknown suspect removed a tool box from the bed of a pick up truck parked in the parking lot of a hotel on Deerfield Drive.
• Report of Domestic Violence incident on Wolfgang Road resulted in the arrest of one male suspect.
• A reporting party lost his California drivers license while rafting down the Truckee River between Tahoe City and River Ranch. The report was taken by Placer County. The reporting party wanted the report because he had to fly back to San Diego and needed proof of lost ID for the airlines.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for Vehicle Code violation on Stockrest Springs Road. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• A juvenile was cited and released to parent after being found in possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.
• Bicycle officers observed stop sign violation and followed the violator into a parking lot on Brockway Road. The officers lost sight of the violator and after brief uninterrupted search, the officers located the violator, who was in the process of burglarizing the maintenance shed for the Regional Park. The subject was arrested and booked at Nevada County Sheriff’s Office in Truckee for burglary, DUI, and resisting arrest.
• A subject was causing problems with staff inside of a store on Donner Pass Road. The subject opened packages and used products without paying for items. The subject was found to be under the influence of narcotics.
• A suspect was reported as acting suspicious on Donner Pass Road. Officers contacted the suspect, and he was found to be in possession of alcohol and under age. The suspect also lied about his identity and was arrested.
• Officers stopped a driver for traffic violation on Brockway Road. The driver had possession of marijuana inside his vehicle. He was cited and released.