TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for July 9-16, along with previously unreported incidents.
• During a Tobacco Sales to Juvenile operation in Truckee, two local stores sold to an underage juvenile.
• An unknown person took a paddle boat from a subject’s dock on Donner Pass Road.
• A victim reported two suspects removed alcohol from his cooler while camping on Pioneer Trail Road. The suspects were located and ultimately were arrested and charged numerous criminal violations.
• An unknown suspect used an unknown method to start a fire in a flower bed on Donner Pass Road. The fire was put out by several employees before the fire department arrived on scene.
• A subject found old ammunition on Pine Court and turned it for destruction.
• A reporting party called Truckee Police Department to report a juvenile had been burned with a cigarette at the concert in the park. The suspect was identified and later located and interviewed. The minor child was also interviewed and it was determined to be accidental.
• A neighbor reported a verbal argument between husband and wife on Waters Way. A report was taken for documentation only.
• Officers initiated traffic enforcement for Vehicle Code Violations. The driver was found to be impaired and under the influence of alcohol. The officers subsequently arrested the driver for DUI.
• A detective recognized habitual traffic offender who had suspended drivers license. A traffic stop was conducted and the suspect was taken into custody. The vehicle was impounded for 30 days.
• A loss prevention officer witnessed a suspect shoplift makeup items and attempt to leave the store without paying on Donner Pass Road. The suspect was detained and later cited and released for shoplifting. The case was forwarded to the District Attorney’s Office for prosecution.
• A child was separated from his father in Downtown Truckee during Truckee Thursdays. The suspect has prior report of being separated from his child in downtown. The suspect became combative and was arrested.
• A subject was found to be in possession of fraudulent driver’s license. Officers issued the subject a misdemeanor citation.
• Officers took a report of major injury bicycle collision on Donner Pass Road at South Shore Drive.
• An unknown suspect took multiple parts off a loader and multiple scraps of metal from pallets on the victim’s property.
• A suspect made threatening remarks to a nurse in the Intensive Care Unit ward after the suspect was not allowed to speak with her admitted mother. A report was taken for information only.
• A pursuit was initiated by State Parks after a vehicle theft that had just occurred in the Cold Stream area in Truckee. The suspect ran over a pedestrian that tried to stop the theft then purposely rammed the State Parks Law Enforcement officer. The Suspect was apprehended and numerous felony charges were placed by California Highway Patrol, who is the main investigating agency.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle code violation on Donner Pass Road at the central roundabout. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• An unknown suspect forced opened a locked door to the hospital from the inside to exit, causing damage to the door. There is no suspect information at this time.
• A suspect stabbed a victim and fled the scene. The suspect was later located in Glenshire near his parent’s residence and he was taken into custody.
• An unknown fisherman shoved an employee of a local fly fishing club after being admonished for trespassing. There are no injuries suffered and no suspect information.
• Officers responded to forest fire behind old gateway business complex on Donner Pass Road. The officers observed evidence of it originating from a small camp fire. Witnesses provided a description of the individual responsible for the campfire. The suspect was arrested and booked at Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.